Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Old Miller Tig question
- - By impaired66 Date 06-24-2005 17:32
I'm new to this board but I really need some help with a tig I just bought at an auction..

It's an old Miller Tig 250 AC/DC-HF and I noticed after i bought it that there is an on/off switch on the torch, no adjustable control (which I REALLY want).. I called Miller and they pretty much said I was screwed, but I found my exact welder on ebay with a foot pedal.. Unfortunatley, the guy won't answer my e-mails..

Check it out on ebay, item # 7525133103

The on/off switch is 2-pin (I guess for on/off) and plugs into the top left.. Where the 2 places are where there are plugs on the bottom left of the welder on ebay, mine are covered.. I'm guessing the foot pedal has to plug into to that?? Are there plugs behind the covers on mine or does mine just not have that option? All the labels are the same..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I just want to get some sort of finger control or pedal going that's not just on/off..

Thanks alot, Josh
Parent - By Jim Hughes (***) Date 06-24-2005 19:37
Hello Josh,
is this and old Miller Gold Star? If it is then that switch could be two things . 1. it could be the HF switch that you can use instead of a foot pedal. 2. it could be an on and off switch for gas, water or both flow to the torch. Is it a water cooled torch? If it's not a Miller Gold Star then try to get some numbers off the machine and I can do some searching for you.
Jim
jimhughes71@hotmail.com
Parent - By pjseaman (**) Date 06-25-2005 22:51
Try downloading the manual from http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

It will help if enter the serial number.

Hope this helps,
pjs
Parent - - By brande (***) Date 07-02-2005 04:04
This Miller machine used a two cable control.

The two pin controlled the output on/off

The three pin controlled amperage.

What you have is an old Miller Dialarc 250 HF.

If my memory is any good, a RFCS-23 (or something similar) is the control you need.

Contact me directly if you have any questions. I don't get out on the boards as much as I would like.

Contacting the factory, in my experience, has not worked out. After the buyout, many techs left and and those that replaced them were pretty green. I hope things are better now, but I haven't calledthem in quite a while.

Good Luck

brande
Parent - By Jim Hughes (***) Date 07-02-2005 06:03
I thought Dialarc was Lincoln?
Jim
Parent - By pgeweldor (*) Date 07-03-2005 01:21
Hi Josh. I ran in to a problem locating a foot control pedal for my Trailblazer 44G. It is a 1990 Machine. Miller discontinued making the foot pedal for my machine so I was out of luck. After I went nuts trying to find one, I located this guy in Washington State. His name is Paul. He custom made me a pedal for my machine. If you have a problem, try him. The phone number is 253-395-9948. I love my miller but I hate trying to find accessories. However, my Lincoln SA-250 is a dinosaur and I have no trouble getting parts. That is one thing Lincoln has over Miller. Hope it helps you. Paul.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Old Miller Tig question