Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Problems with my 1959 lincoln sa 200
- - By fishingrodburne (*) Date 06-25-2005 02:39
I recently bought a 1959 lincoln red face. It seems to be a good machine, but the rpms are way off. The face plate says its supposed to run about 1450 (no load speed). Does this mean on low idle?It had been running about 1700 on high idle (r-57 idler pinned) My buddy said that's how you check them similar to newer models. The ocvs were about 125 and the plug for my grinder was putting out 145 volts dc. I'm going to replace the old vacuum box idler with the electronic type. I turned the ocvs and and volts down at the governer, but the rpms are still to high. Advise from someone who might know something would be great. P.S. I rolled the brush rack about one punch mark to try to get some heat after I turned ocvs and volts down. I had been hot passing with 5/32 200 range and on 100 It was still too cold. then rolled rack
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 06-25-2005 03:15
No, 1450 at high idle. Your idle/ocv is way, way too high. A lot of people set the idle via the high idle ocv reading, it should be in the neighborhood of 92 to 95 if I remember correctly. Put it there and you'll be amazed at how nice that thing welds.

JTMcC.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Problems with my 1959 lincoln sa 200