Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Signed a WPS , PQR , WPQ
- - By pfranco15 Date 07-03-2005 20:27
Srs.
Iwrote from venezuela (South america), i'm doing a job and the insperctor (not CWI) says that the WPS, PQR, WPQ, must be do and signed by a certified inspector, i was cheking in the B 2.1:1998 and ASME IX,and i don`t fimnd nathing about that, but i`m not sure, my english is not so good. and check interpretation buti don`t find nathing to say my client you are wront

Thanks for yuor help

Pablo Franco
Parent - By Bonniweldor (**) Date 07-10-2005 02:49
You should state if the specification context for the work is AWS or ASME or what else. You should check if there is any contract language or requirements or local jurisdictions that supports what the inspector says. You can ask the inspector to show you the documentation that supports his interpretation.

In general, I interpret that the signatory for certification need only be someone who is authorized by the Company which "owns" the procedure or performance qualification. I am an engineer, I am not an "inspector" in any professional sense, but my signature certifies the accuracy of these documents (ASME basis) for our company. I have seen other welding procedure and performance qualification documents (context USA) that were signature certified by shop supervisors, QA managers, etc.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Signed a WPS , PQR , WPQ