Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / basics in Northern VA
- - By jcantrell Date 07-07-2005 01:58
Hi I'm currently a student at NOVA in Annandale and have started to take classes in blacksmithing (in Middle TN this summer) and have noticed that welding while it can be done in the forge is a lot quicker with a torch. Although I have not done any welding (w/ torch) I am extremely interested in the field and learning all that I can about the subject. My question is in regard to NOVA's welding classes that they offer in Manassas. Are they designed to teach structural welds, or the strong yet lightly visible types I've seen in artistic structures?
Parent - By Eutectoid Date 07-10-2008 20:05
The welding program at Manassas offers welding courses that are fully transferrable to any community college in the state and are grounded by national quality standards.  The program includes instruction in basics as well as advanced topics structured with the goal of developing skills necessary for employment. The new faculty (Former certified welding inspector) is well versed, educated and experienced in a wide variety of welding occupational directions and will be of great assistance.  The program offers beginning instruction advancing to code welding experiences with structural steel and pipe welding technique presented by qualified faculty that has held unlimited AWS welding certifications to weld structural steel and ASME pipe welding certification. Typical students are a diverse group from the area employed by area employers upgrading skills as well as beginners developing new skills for hobbies, artwork, and employment.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / basics in Northern VA