Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / regarding ut callibration
- - By s_palanivelu Date 08-02-2005 13:52
Dears..
i want to do ut testing on steel casting using KRAUTKRAMA BRANSON . CALLIBRATION BLOCK IS IIW/V1/4 , Stright beam ,Testing frequency 1-5 Mhz,.. length of casting (steel)500mm length thickness is 200 mm.
Parent - By - Date 08-02-2005 15:52
I would not recommend using the IIW block for this examination. This block was designed primarily for weld examination.

Check the specification for the casting that needs to be examined. It will most likely direct you to an examination standard suitable for the UT of castings, and this would give guidance/instructions/requirements for the calibration standard and techniques, scanning procedure, and acceptance criteria.
Mankenberg
Parent - By thekoz (*) Date 08-04-2005 20:02
s_palanivelu,

I would recommend getting your hands on a copy of ASTM A609. It spells out two procedures for performing the tests you are inquiring about. There is more to it than calibrating your unit and scrubbing. You will need to either make or purchase some calibration blocks that are comarable metalurgically speaking. Almost every detail you need is there. As always, reveiw your contract documents to see what is required by the purchaser or end user.

TheKoz
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / regarding ut callibration