Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Who is number one?
- - By mikel52 Date 08-17-2005 13:46
I am a hobbyist that is restoring my classic car. This vehicle requires many body panels to be replaced. I currently own a Lincoln 255 mig welder and a Miller cutmate 375 plasma cutter. I also want the ability to start working with Aluminum for some of the brackets I want to construct for the motor. I was trying to decide which power source and company’s product to choose. I am new to GTAW welding and would like to get a second opinion on what equipment would best meet my needs. I have been looking at the Lincoln V205-T and the Miller Dynasty 200 DX power sources but cannot decide which the better product is. I asked both companies for a Mean Time Between Failures report but neither would give out that information. On the other hand, should I stay away from inverter technology and go with something like the Precision TIP 185 for reliability?
Parent - By pjseaman (**) Date 08-18-2005 04:47
I own a Dynasty 200DX and just love it, My answer to you is if you live anywhere close, come here and weld with mine and you'll buy one just like it. The only thing I want to upgrade is to a flex torch and a fingertip control. One of these days a water cooler and torch. I have friends in several states with the same machine no problems thus far. I live in southern Indiana.

pjseaman
Parent - By Bob Sigmon (*) Date 08-18-2005 17:47
I also have a Dynasty 200DX and it is a wonderful welder. I have a Coolmate3 and a CK watercooled torch. My first project with it was a cart (all aluminum). It turned out very well (and I'm new to GTAW also)

It is a very solid machine.

The college where I take welding classes has all Dynasty 300DX's and they really put up with a ton of use and abuse.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Who is number one?