Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ANSI Magnetic Particle Qualification
- - By QCCWI (***) Date 08-19-2005 15:13
Seeing how the rules in steel fabrication are always changing by the minute it seems. Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as being qualified to perform mag particle inspection according to ANSI standards? If it is such a thing, what is the difference from ANSI qualified and ASNT qualified?
Parent - - By - Date 08-19-2005 18:01
I've never heard of an ANSI document covering the qualfication and certification on NDT personnel. I do recall from my days in the nuke biz that ANSI N45.2.6 was used for the qualification and certification of quality control inspectors, but NDT (or NDE in the nuclear field) personnel were always required by the relevant codes to be qual'ed and cert'ed in accordance with SNT-TC-1A or CP-189.
Mankenberg
Parent - By QCCWI (***) Date 08-19-2005 18:34
I thought it was written wrong but with the ever changing world I wanted to make sure. The drawing I saw it written on was made by someone that is educated way beyond me so I was thinking I wonder how much that is going cost. I really believe it should have said ASNT instead of ANSI,but you can never tell what the EOR wants.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ANSI Magnetic Particle Qualification