Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / older miller welders
- - By j allen Date 08-24-2005 14:32
does anyone have a source for older (1970s)miller wire feeders i have one setting on a cp-250 ts welder that need drive wheels for but do not have model
the turn table it sets on has a serial number hg049909 but i don't know if it is for the table or the wire feeder. klooked thru all the manuals i could at miller and didn't see it

thanks
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-24-2005 15:48

Keep looking for the serial number for the feeder

I have a CP 200 that uses an S-52D feeder... Now there are several models of feeder that can be used on a CP 250 but maybe this will help you get close

Link to owners manual for S-52D
http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1525h_mil.pdf

Great machine by the way..... The old crank dial is a far cry from calibrated but the thing just keeps on welding.
Parent - By j allen Date 08-25-2005 11:58
i finally had a miller rep email me with the information i need and have printed out a manual
the feeder is a millermatic 10 e

thanks for everyting
Parent - By Brand X (*) Date 08-25-2005 16:07
I was talking to the X Thermal and now Esab rep. about those welders.
He really likes those units. I guess they are really hard to beat.
That is the one with the adjustable taps for slope I believe.
He is not the only one that likes them too.:)
Parent - - By brande (***) Date 09-24-2005 06:27
Most any wire feeder from any mfg will work, if set up correctly.

The CP250TS is a great machine, especially if sheet metal is contemplated. Learn to use the "TS-tapped slope"-once under control you'll put many new inverters to shame!! Don't let it dissappear!

The old Millers required a "hot" contactor or 115 vac to close the contactor for welding.

Not a big thing-almost any feeder can be wired this way. An additional relay may be needed-but it is a simple set up.

When you get your equipment together, let us know.

I'm sure we can get this sorted out.

brande
Parent - By craigb Date 10-02-2007 14:43
How would this relay be interfaced on a CP 200 Miller unit? I have a foreigh feeded for a push pull and the tip stays hot, is this common?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / older miller welders