Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / stainless welding manual
- - By andy (**) Date 08-25-2005 09:19
I was tipped off about this resource -

http://www.avestawelding.com

This welding manual is excellent and free - surprised Chuck hasn't mentioned it yet. Suggest all have a look!

Andy
Parent - - By - Date 08-25-2005 12:28
Andy,
No need to be surprised. I has been mentioned in many past threads.

Chuck
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-28-2005 21:25
Hi Andy, Chuck!

I've had it for over three months now and it has proved an invaluable resource to back up my arguments and suggestions when I discuss welding & fabrication related issues with upper management.

Prior to recieving this book, I had only scattered data and facts regarding best practices to be used in the fabrication and welding of a variety of stainless steels... When certain procedures used in the fabrication , preparation & welding, and postweld cleaning of the primary stainless pipe & tube we use (316L) needed to be addressed so that we would be in compliance to ASME B31.1, this book only reinforced what I had already recommended and for that, I'm greatful to Chuck & Avesta for providing it because, I'm FINALLY getting the respect that was lacking before!!! To think that upper management used to complain that I was forcing them to spend too much!!! Now they understand why!

Helluva good resource Chuck!!! Thanks Again!!!

Respectfully,
SSBN727
Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - By - Date 08-28-2005 22:31
Hi My Friend,
I, and Avesta, are glad the Manual has provided you with helpful data. Thank you very much for your comments.

Chuck

Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / stainless welding manual