Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / How to calibration welding machine
- - By hannaro (*) Date 08-25-2005 11:19
Hello,

Please help me ,How to calibration the welding machine and how to record, as I understood that welding machine need to calibrate for make sure Current and voltage are stable , and how to accept for criteria. how many %differance?

Thank you in advance

Hann

Parent - By MICHAEL B (*) Date 08-25-2005 11:54
The main thing is to calibrate according to your pre qualififed welding procedure. To check the volts 1) set your amp meter on DC 2) touch the positive (red) wire to the electrode positive wire going into your wire feeder 3) touch the ground (black) wire to the work. Check the Amps 1) set the meter to the DC Amps position 2) clamp your meter over the gun lead and make sure the arrow on your meter is facing away from the wire feeder. This is for "spray arc" welders.Hope this helps you out.
Michael
Parent - - By maringan_htgl Date 05-17-2008 01:32
what the model of your machine? inverter tecnology or old rectifier model?
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 05-17-2008 02:04
Hello maringan_htgl, I am assuming that you are new to the forum, first off welcome! The post that you are replying to is 3 years old and it is likely that the folks who have posted answers in reference to it have long since come up with replies and resolutions to them. As you log onto the site you will notice that there are notations with blue parenthesis around numbers next to various topics, these are new posts that include current questions and responses. There are also times, dates, and years associated with these postings, you can use your own judgment to reply, however it is likely that this particular post is long since dormant. Best regards, aevald 
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / How to calibration welding machine