Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Certifications and Diplomas
- - By chillin Date 08-30-2005 05:34
I have my stick,mig, and blueprint certificates. I'm heading back to school to get my tig cert. and a welding diploma.
I was wondering what the pay differences would be between the certs. and the diploma.
Also The pay with the certs. plus the diploma.
I've got 5 years welding exp. with 1 1/2 yr. in the field.
I'm just asking for a good estimate.
Also do yall know any companies that do underwater welding and what certificates and qualifications to be certified for that.
Thanks
Parent - By larrball Date 08-31-2005 19:44
First off good Luck on you'r tig test :) .
Most of all haveing any cert's will help, but i have found that most people you likly will be working for will require you to take a test for them.
Pay depend's on what they see in the test you take at that pointAnd If it's a Shop job or Travle work.
for a first timer, be awhere you'r going to look a bit :"Green" and therefor you cold be looking at a little less pay then some of the old timers.
In the USA . $13 - 17 HR/per Deim (some might pay for lodging as well.. and you might want to look at that before you look at the $HR$ :HINT)

Shop job's most all the time pay a bit less depending on where you live. )
Try taking a look at
http://www.industrialtradesman.com/

for on the road work.
As far as Underwater welding? can't help you there.

Larry

Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Certifications and Diplomas