Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Can some one help me
- - By domesticthai (*) Date 09-07-2005 12:52
I'm Inspector work in thailand, I 'd like to know when the drop thru on the root side is exceed limit so that can polishing on it or not.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-07-2005 14:47

Dom

We will need to know more about the work your doing.

Pipe or tube?

What type of material

Intended service of part

Welding process

Are you working to a particular code standard?
Parent - - By domesticthai (*) Date 09-09-2005 14:32
Hi, Lawrence I Many thanks for you help, I work for tube and bracket that make from sheet the material is AMS5510 and AMS 5599 for the aircraft engine with the Tig welding, All the parts we made send to GE aircraft engine in the United State.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-09-2005 15:10
Dom,

The information you need about the contour of the melt thru on your GTAW welds must be aquired from General Electric I think. There may be several avenues you can persue.

1. The actual class one doccument, which is a specific manufactures specification that will include dimensions and tollerences. This doccument will be specific to a part or family of parts and will be associated (linked in writing) with the specific part number of the componant your fabricating.

2. Your Class one doccument may refer to General Electric's Standard Practices Manual for Aerospace Fusion Welding for melt thru limitations on tube or componants of aerodynamic significance.

3. Both the class one doccument or the Standard Practice manual may reference AWS D17.1 Specification for fusion welding of Aerospace Applications.

I believe these avenues are the only way you can get a real authoritative answer to your question.

Aerospace componant dimensions are often part specific, and manufacturing design engineers may specify tollerances greater or less than "Standard" demensions due to the service conditions of the part.

Once you have looked at these avenues and have some specific data from a reliable source, we may be able to talk a bit more about how to best address your process control issues.
Parent - By domesticthai (*) Date 09-11-2005 10:26
Thanks for your kind.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Can some one help me