Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller Oxomatic Wire Feeder
- - By cmdwelding (*) Date 09-22-2005 04:01
I have a Miller Oxomatic wire feeder in excelent shape and use it quite frequently off my Trailblazer. I know that they quit making these wire feeders a few years ago and I was wondering, when I go to get a new mig gun for this machine what type of rear end am I going to need to look for. Im hopping that its a standard Miller rear but Im not so sure from looking at the gun I have on the machine. I do alot of work with this machine and really would hate to have to ditch it because of lack of parts. Any ideas? The feeder is an Oxomatic AVC 30 with the internal flowmeter.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-22-2005 04:43
Hi cmdwelding!

I would call Miller Electric customer service to find out more about the wire feeder and, to answer your question about availability of an adapter for the gun your looking to use or, ask the gun manufacturer whether or not they have the appropriate adapter for that particular wire feeder... I apologize for not typing in Miller's telephone number but, I'm sure you could find it on their website...

Question: Is'nt there a welding distributor that you've dealt with recently available to find the answers to your questions?

If they cannot, then consider seeking the help of another welding distributor other than your supplier because, that's what they're supposed to do for their customers... No Offense my friend!

Respectfully,
SSBN727
Run Silent... Run Deep!!!

Parent - - By cmdwelding (*) Date 09-22-2005 04:59
Ive dealt with Airgas and Praxair in my area and they are the ones who said that the miller rear would fit up and when I brought the feeder in so they could see what I was talking about they said they have never seen that type of wire feeder. I know there are parts for it out there because Oxomatic made high end parts for Miller about six years ago.
I will try a Miller rep and see if they know anything about these machines and repost my findings.
Parent - By Lyles Welding Date 03-10-2017 07:01
Hi. I have the OXO avc-8q suitcase and bought a box of 5 used oxo torches. Unforetunately they all had miller back ends. Aparently Bernard has the adaptor to go from the OXO feeder to a miller mig lead. Just curious what You did. Thanks, Lyle.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Miller Oxomatic Wire Feeder