Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Passed :-) I'm now a CWI
- - By DonSims Date 10-03-2005 22:15
WOW, I just found out that I passed. I am now a CWI, what a relief. Thanks to everyone here at the forum, I did not post anything before hand but I did read everything I could. I hope someday I can step-up and help answer some of the questions here.

I wanted to write down what it was like to prepare for, go to the CWI seminar and test on Saturday because reading and listening to other people who had been though it really helped me and I could not have done it without help. What I ended up writing was sort of long and I didn't think I should post it here so if anyone is interested in reading it please email me at: donsims@bellsouth.net and I will email it to you.

Also, all of my study materials are for sale in the FOR SALE forum.

Thanks to everyone here again,

Don
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 10-04-2005 02:13
Congratulations Mr. Sims!

Of Course now the real learning starts . I look forward to anything you have to offer.

Gerald
Parent - By - Date 10-04-2005 02:54
Don,
Congratulations !!!! You might want to hang on to that study material, as it might come in handy for future references.
Parent - - By henri (*) Date 10-04-2005 03:39
Congratulations.

I agree with CMeadows. You should consider holding on to your study material for future reference.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 10-04-2005 09:45
Absolutely agree with the others, hang onto the materials! Congradulations but remember, having a CWI is great but is really and truly only the beginning of a much longer journey! There's so much to learn it will blow you're mind!
Parent - - By DonSims Date 10-04-2005 11:22
Thanks for all of your kind words. You are right, I have just began. I didn't know that I didn't know until I knew :-).
I am keeping all the study materials I need. After acquiring all of the books I thought I would need, the company of course bought another complete set when I was registered for the course so I hope it can help someone else.
Parent - - By - Date 10-04-2005 12:12
Definitely, if you have 2 complete sets it would make sense to sell one. Sell the one set you paid for and get your money back and keep the one the company provided for you. What if you leave this company and you have sold your set and you have to leave the set the company bought?
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-04-2005 14:27
Another congrats from me as well! I agree with Mr. Meadows, keep both sets and use one set for your home library.(that's what I did)
John Wright
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Passed :-) I'm now a CWI