Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Keeping CWI current after career change
- - By rickbcarter Date 10-12-2005 14:09
I have been a CWI for two years. I have been working in a manufacturing environment taking care of weld procedures, testing, and qualifications. However, I am changing jobs and my new postion will not provide me any hands on welding inspection duties. I am ok for the next recertification because I will have met the "two years activity, of their three-year certification period, in the practice of welding inspection or related activities" as stated in AWS QC1:96. However, for the 2006 - 2009 period, what are some of the ways that I can meet the two year's activity without actively working in a welding environment? I know that I can take a 40 hour course on something having to do with welding to qualify for one of the two years.
Parent - By brande (***) Date 10-30-2005 04:40
Look at your local vo-tech.

Credit is given for teaching. ( see AWS QC1 booklet).

Often this teaching is night school, adult education. Grading tests on the daylite is often involved as well.

From my experience, you'll have a ball teaching, and this teaching can cover up to 40 hr. of your required time. 40 hr=1 year.

Again, from experience. A great deal of adult ed courses are taught by less than experienced individuals. This is a chance to get better instruction to those who need

Go to your local vo-tech. Tell them you want to teach.

This is a win/win for all.

Good Luck

brande

Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Keeping CWI current after career change