Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Plasma Cutter
- - By Mathius (**) Date 10-21-2005 14:34
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice as far as purchasing a Plasma Cutter. I'm not interested in one brand vs. another (unless there's a specific feature involved), but I've only used a plasma cutter on one occasion, back at my local jvs and it was an ancient machine, hooked up to a compressor. It was supposed to cut up to 1", but we had difficulty getting it to cut 1/2" material (probably due to lack of maintnance, but that's irrelevant).

Anyways, I'm interested in learning the differences between the types of machines out there, and what I might need to look for in a plasma cutter.

I'm probably looking for something that will cut up to a 1/2" stainless, and a 110 unit would be better than a 220 in my particular case, just because I can't always guarantee I'll have access to a 220, but if I have to go 220, then I'll do what I have to.

Anyways, as I said, I'd like to learn more about identifying the different kinds available, amperage settings, etc. I would be great to understand these machines better. Maybe I could even pickup a used unit cheaper than a new one if I knew exactly what I was looking at to tell if I was getting a good deal.

Thanks,
Mathius
Parent - By Jason perter Date 08-22-2006 23:50 Edited 08-23-2006 12:09
Lincon is good in quality. for portable and cheap one is UNT, <website removed>, their warranty service is pretty good. I purchased a 40 Amps Plasma Cutter from them. They offer FREE one year warranty.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Plasma Cutter