Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / PIPELINER
1 2 Previous Next  
Parent - - By jonesy70 (*) Date 08-19-2007 04:46
IM a refinery guy...tig pipe, 100% X-ray, the works...I have worked next to alot of pipeliners...and yes most of them are Buttheads...BUT...they can run the inches up on ya in a day...I don't like the down hill..I just was never able to feel cumphy with it...even though I passed my Test...let me tig my root then hand me a Good strong mig Gun...then I'll give you quality and Inches!!!!
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 08-19-2007 18:00
I dont doubt it. Lets change the conditions. Wind gusting 20-30 MPH on a right-of-way steady 15 mph. You have a hard tie-in in you are in a 6 foot deep bell hole. The fire watch keeps kicking dirt in on top of you. If you mess up this weld the contractor will have to cut out three joints of pipe to start over. The company man keeps telling you the line has been down 24 hours and it has to get up NOW! Or it has been raining the last three days and the bell hole has 8 inches of water in it. I will bet on the roundydowner beating you. You can pick the condition where you have some SCH 160 8 inch 1-1/4 cr against a XH RFWN flange. And I will bet on you every day. Spark idiots need to burn into their heads, a good welder is a good welder. A craftsman is a craftsman. Anyone can pick the conditions where they can shine. We all know our own test  booth queens. Be proud of your work, but never look down on another craftsman. WHile you can show him up by what you do, he can make you look like a fool doing what he does.
BABRT's
Parent - - By ZCat (***) Date 08-19-2007 19:21
quote:"WHile you can show him up by what you do, he can make you look like a fool doing what he does."

This saying goes both ways, most of the pipeliners I worked with didn't hold to it.
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 08-19-2007 21:55
And that proves what? Pipeliners are Jerks? No more so than any other tradesman I have ever met.
Parent - - By jonesy70 (*) Date 08-19-2007 23:42
then give me my 5p+ and a large hand full of 7018h4r and a few gringing wheels and let me go to town...oh...dig the hole alittle deeper...im a big guy so i will need the extra room!!  hahaha
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 08-20-2007 12:45
Hell, man you don't even need a grinder boy now get down in that hole and burner in der.  Oh and they layed the bell holes out wrong so your gonna have to find some real short rods for the bottom so now get down there and get her.  Thats a jerky tradesmen right there.;-)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / PIPELINER
1 2 Previous Next