Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New machines, opinions?
- - By CompChassis Date 10-29-2005 13:25
I learned to weld on Miller equipment and have used it pretty much since. I bought an old Miller 200 white face mig welder almost 15 years ago and have been using it daily in my chassis business. Beginning to get a little worried about it leaving me high and dry.

I am thinking about actually buying 2 new machines. I also have a Miller 180SD tig welder, but it just isnt big enough to do some of the jobs I need and I also want to go to a water cooled torch. I have talked to a couple of local shops and most of them are starting to push the Lincoln line. One of the machines being suggested from Lincoln is the 350MP welder. I am being told it can do everything I need, including tig, but, reading through the published literature on it, sounds like it can only do DC tig.

A lot of the new equipment is going to inverter based technology. While it does seem to provide a lot of advantages, is it going to be as reliable as the old transformer based machines?

The 2 machines I am looking at are the Miller 251 and the Miller 250 DX with tigrunner package. Any comments welcome
Parent - By SA-200 (**) Date 10-30-2005 16:37
A lot of the new equipment is going to inverter based technology. While it does seem to provide a lot of advantages, is it going to be as reliable as the old transformer based machines?

NO!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New machines, opinions?