Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Boilermaker from Australia
- - By John3056 Date 11-03-2005 04:03
Hello all. I joined this forum to try and find some Info.
I am currently a Trade qualifed Boilermaker from Australia. I may soon be moveing to live in the USA. I would like to know where my Trade paper's stand in the US.
I have 25 yrs Exp in the Trade.
In Australia i am regarded as a first class welder mainly though my trade papers. While i have no Welding Certifcate's i have passed X ray quality welding with both Stick and Mig process.
Would be looking at moveing to Shreveport in louasania.
Thank you for any reponses.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 11-03-2005 10:40
John, I'd be happy to give you some guidance regarding your qualifications but first things first ~ how do you intend to migrate? It is a difficult and lengthy process; I know this first hand as my wife is a kiwi! It took about 8 months from application until she was given a work authorization! I'm not trying to discourage you, only asking "how" you intend to coordinate your migration process?

Regardless of your trade papers, almost every company in the USA will make you take a test before hire in.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Boilermaker from Australia