Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Extra pay
- - By ADK (*) Date 12-04-2000 22:06
Would anyone here like to earn commission by connecting me with the person in their company who chooses filler metals (FCAW-G, MIG or SAW). My deal is that you hook me up with the decision-maker, get me a chance to demonstrate-evaluate the product, if they buy you earn your commission (finders fee) each order! There is no smoke or mirrors, no shady deal. The products has been successful in Europe since 1966. I will provide you with any and all the technical information you require to “think about” my offer. If you have any questions ….email me.
Parent - - By Josh Clare (*) Date 01-24-2001 20:13
I am the person who chooses the filler metals in my plant. Will I recieve a finders fee?
Parent - - By stringer_2000 (*) Date 01-25-2001 03:24
Have you ever heard the term, "Conflict of Interest"? Your clients or even any regulatory agencies, you manufacture for could, not to mention your employer, hand you your head over that response?
Parent - - By - Date 01-25-2001 07:33
Hey Stringer, it sounds like you are in upper management........possibly your company's filler metal selector?? Hmmmm......

Slagman
Parent - By stringer_2000 (*) Date 01-26-2001 11:28
You guys are too serious. I was only joking.
Parent - By ADK (*) Date 01-25-2001 12:13
How can it be a conflict of interest to introduce a new idea? Most companies pay their employees a "finders fee" when the current employee introduces a potential new employee to the company and the new "hire" works out (do you know about this). Do you have any clue as to the cost some companies encounter trying to find new products, method or procedures by visiting trade shows etc? Do you have any idea how many salesmen are going about their business every day inviting a customer to lunch to talk business. One major supplier of welding equipment and filler metals "promises" mega dollar savings by using their products and even cash rebate for the money saved after the other company buys their products (we are talking BIG MONEY here). I am not speaking about bribing someone to do something. A simple finders fee for introducing me to a decision maker.
Parent - By ADK (*) Date 01-25-2001 12:14
We should talk
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 01-25-2001 12:23
What have you got that our locals do not? Does your products have SFA No.'s? I buy filler for my company, I work in the narrow confines of ISO, can you satisfy that and still beat the locals price? We have a few hundred welding supply houses around here that compeat pretty vigirously.
I am not interested in your "Finders Fee" just wandering how it is that you belive you can beat a local dealer or are you suggesting something else. Sounds shaky to me.
Parent - By ADK (*) Date 01-25-2001 17:06
RonG, good question. Our product has been in the market since 1966. It is used by most shipbuilders and many steel fabricators throughout Europe. We produce seamless flux cored wires that have very low diffusible hydrogen and very good welding characteristics. In a blind welding comparison most welders would select our product because of the puddle visability, low spatter, puddle manipulation. The next time you are having a "wandering arc" or "pumping" cut the wire off at the feed roll, pull the length of wire out of your conduit pack through your fingers. This same black smudge builds up in your liner and your tip. Now hold and air hose to the contact tip and blast air into the conduit pack. The puff of smoke is the lubricant that eventually clogs your contact tip, burns back your tip and causes you to swear! Our wire is copper coated...no lub job. Imagine what the lead man, supervisor or superintendent think when the welders are not welding because of these type of problems...of course the price was right, but what about down time, repair and wasted time! The local "distributor" has all the major brands in his warehouse but all produced using the traditional "folded wire manufacturing method". Keep in mind that the distributor bought from the manufacturer and sold it to the end user. We are new here and in the process of developing our distribution (Warehouse in Houston TX, Edmonton Alberta) we sell direct (who saves money). When the end users try our product and order our product the distributor wakes up one day and ask what happened and now he wants to get back into the middle. RonG if you would like to try a sample let me know!
Parent - By ADK (*) Date 01-25-2001 17:15
RonG, I forgot to tell you that our MEGAFIL 713R (AWS/ASME-SFA-5.20: E 71T-12 MJH 4 product is approved by: American Bureau of Shipping, Germanischer Lloyd, Lloyd's Register, Controlas, Det Norske Veritas, Deutsche Bahn, Force Institute, Vd TÜV, Polski Rejestr Statkons and our factory is certified ISO 9001. Our prices are competitive.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Extra pay