Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Linde C-300 Tig - Any good?
- By bob944 Date 12-14-2005 02:51
I'm new to these forums, and I'm hoping you all can give me some quick advice on a TIG purchase. I have heard from many people that one of the cheapest ways to get set up for TIG is to buy one of the old tank sized machines commonly retired from community colleges, etc.

I have access to a very good deal on an old Linde C-300 AC/DC single-phase TIG machine I'm considering for my home shop (auto/racing hobby). The machine is presumed to be working, although sitting for a few years, but the current widow owner cannot verify with certainty and there is no hookup to test. The price justifies the risk, but before I consider transporting this monster, is it a good machine to own? I know Linde (Union Carbide) used to build nice industrial equipment, but does anyone know more about the reliability, repairability, and parts availability should it have any problems that need attention? I'm willing to take the risk at the asking price, but if anyone has more specific info (manuals?, parts diagrams?) or other opinions about this type of machine......I'd greatly appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Linde C-300 Tig - Any good?