Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SS mig with Powcon advice ?
- By Jim123 Date 12-21-2005 03:41
Sad day, I just ran out of my spool of Avesta 308LT0-1 dual shield wire and just priced a new roll. Ouch. Is there any way to get similar results with solid wire. I have tried before with a lincoln 175 but was never happy. I now have an LN25 with Powcon400sm and would like some starting perameters, like voltage and wire speed Using .035 308l wire and welding 1/4 inch and 3/8 inch plate. There is also a puddle control and a choice of short arc or spray. I was using the spray mode with the dual shield but didn't seem to work with solid wire and short arcing seemed like too much splatter and high bead.I normally tig weld but some bigger projects are just better migged but rhey need to look good.That avesta wire lays down nice but price has gone up. I wouldn't mind finding a better source for this or some other dual shield if I can't get results with solid wire. Thanks for any help
Jim
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / SS mig with Powcon advice ?