Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / CGA 580 safety valve failure
- - By Part_time_weldR Date 12-21-2005 07:28
After just buying a new 60cf bottle with cga 580 valve over the internet (origin from china). I now have a bottle that I really like (it has a safety cap for in car transportation) . However, the FIRST time I tried to have it filled, the safety relief valve leaked. I was quoted an outrageous price to have it replaced, I could buy another bottle for that price, I need to look for options. My local stores don't sell the 60cf with a safety cap! Can I get a safety relief valve? I cant seem to find one anywhere. I live in on the coast near SF, CA and am at a total loss. Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 12-21-2005 08:37
Contact the seller. Even when no warranty is stated there is implied "warrant of merchantability" this goes back to common law and means that the product must at least initially be capable of doing what it claims to do. Your bottle didn't.
Bill
Parent - By Part_time_weldR Date 01-02-2006 22:27
Seller called me!
Seller fixed everything.
Very happy.
Great customer service.

ebay seller: greatsam
onlinestore->http://www.stores.ebay.com/theblowerstoreneworrefurbished

Now if only the local suppy places would get these bottles in stock so I could swap them out. Waiting for a fill in not the most productive part of my day.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / CGA 580 safety valve failure