Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / looking for a good mini tig torch
- - By T0M (*) Date 12-21-2005 15:26
Hi all,

I am really needing a smaller tig torch for doing tight work on stainless headers. I have been using a size 20 and it almost does the job everywhere, but I am still a bit confined in super tight areas.

i was looking at the wp 24 :
http://arc-zone.com/catalog/web_store.cgi?page=wp24.html&cart_id=4207070_4536

and the mt 125 :http://arc-zone.com/catalog/web_store.cgi?page=mt125.html&cart_id=2915093_1368
neither of these are availabole in any welding shops in my area so I can only go on what I see on the net.

from what i gather, the wp24 doesnt look much smaller than a 20 , and i am not sure if I like the collet and cup setup on the mt-125.

Realistically my amperage never goes over 100 with stainless so the maximum amperage wont be a factor,

anybody have personal experience with either of these torches or have any youd recommend?

thanks

Parent - - By EU Engee Date 06-22-2006 08:13
Hi TOM
Try to find CK24 torch with smaller than standard gas lenses
For 2,4mm el. - standart "collet body" (injector - not the gas lense)is not sufficient for c.s., because
increased, even practical impossible welding without the pores.Will be injector good for s.s.? -low possible.
Im also looking- but in Norway- for mini 8GL332 gas lens(collet body)which is smaller than lense 2GL20(45V41)
Torch firm name is CK. Remember to switch on the cooler before !and right quantity of Cu collets
If You will  find and use may be with transparent cups- let me know about results, please.
By the way, knows anybody europes suppliers this torches from US?
Greetings from Norway
janusz.zarychta@gmail.com
Parent - By T0M (*) Date 06-22-2006 15:30
id been looking at ck for some time  and may finally  get  one, thanks  for  you  suggestion
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / looking for a good mini tig torch