Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Precision tig vs new miller synch. 200
- - By neiljhall Date 12-24-2005 17:01

Originally I was going to purchase the Lincoln precision tig 185 over the miler synch 180 but the new miller came out the synch 200 and it has all the features of the lincoln plus more amps.I've also considered the thermal arc inverter which is a great price but heard horror stories about thermal arc(also the housing is cheap plastic) which won do I choose??? thanks for any input you can help me with, Neil.
Parent - By MBSims (****) Date 12-24-2005 17:10
I have the Lincoln and it works great. But, I don't think you will be disappointed with either choice.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 12-24-2005 18:31
Hello Neil, I have used all of the machines that you are considering and yes they are all good, even the thermal arc that you have heard horror stories about. A good majority of the weldiing machine distributors that are out there are willing to allow you to test their machines before buying one, that may mean setting one up at their facility so that you can try it or possibly if you have a good relationship with one of them that they will allow you to take it home or to your shop for a trial run. If you are allowed to do this, try the machines at their extreme ends for performance, by that I mean try them on thick and thin materials, SS and Alum., use all of the features of each one and then make your choice. If they are a dual voltage model also try to utilize this feature to see the differences there. Good luck and regards, aevald
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Precision tig vs new miller synch. 200