Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Looking for feedback.
- - By Reggiewolf Date 01-01-2006 06:13
Looking for feedback on my site http://welding-forum.com I think it looks pretty good but thats why im asking you opinion. Is there anything you would change on it?
Parent - - By supermechanic (**) Date 01-01-2006 19:48
Too many forums.
Toggling between them proves irksome.
Streamline the operation.
Otherwise, looks professional.
Reminds me of a trip to Baskin-Robins, A flavor for everyone, though most would be happy with chocolate and vannila.
Parent - By lincoln200 Date 01-14-2006 07:40
Slow down the scrolling stuff, makes me think too hard.
Parent - By Reggiewolf Date 01-04-2006 00:43
Thanks I will keep that in mind.

Any other feedback?
Parent - - By West O. Artist Date 01-04-2006 05:04
More flavors, not fewer!!

I like what you've put together, Reggie. I'm in early stages of the process (the slow, slow process) of trying to make my way as a metal sculptor. I always have questions on fabrication that don't really seem appropriate for the AWS site. Your site seems like it's a better fit for the hobbyist. This is not to say that I don't feel that the AWS site is welcoming—quite the contrary, AWS is great—but I think your site is a good bridge between the creative world and the nuts and bolts world.

I particularly (obviously) like the projects and plans forums. I like tackling practical things as well as sculptural ones. All this being said, I would like to suggest one more flavor (sorry, supermech.): a forum for artists. I mostly envision the discussion of finishes and fabrication solutions that are sort of outside the standard right-angled world. Also, maybe in that forum or another, it would be cool to exchange tips and tricks: shortcuts and substitutions. For the home or small shop fabricator, having a giant shear and brake and roller are not an option, so it would be nice to have an area to discuss other pathways to the same end.

All told, the site looks good. Good luck.

James
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 01-04-2006 07:14
James- I for one have found the questions from other artists who have posted them here to be interesting and encourage you to post here. This is not meant to imply that you should not also use Reggiewolf's site which also seems to be quite nice.
Bill
Parent - By Reggiewolf Date 01-27-2006 23:17
Thanks for the feedback and kind words. I am starting to get some more traffic. And I want to thank you guys for the help.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Looking for feedback.