Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / AWS GTAW Article
- - By - Date 12-07-2000 17:53
Hi
I recently came across an article that interested me. It was to do with tungsten geometry and it's affects on the
penetration of the TIG weld. It had the cut ups of about eight different angles that the tungsten was gound at to show the change that occurred. I cannot find this article now. Can anyone tell me what issue of the Welding Journal it was in, or if I've read it somewhere else, maybe you could remeber where.
Thanks
J Dryden
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-08-2000 01:00
I Missed the article in the welding journal but here are a couple of sources that you should find helpful.

The ASM Handbook Vol. 6 The arc physics chapter goes into great detail discussing cathodic tip shapes

http://www.pro-fusiononline.com/tungsten/ <----This website has good information for the practical welder. They cover everything from Your Tip prep questions to a pretty indepth treatment of the exposure hazards to thorium., I like most of what they have to say. I must note that they seem to ignore Zirconium alloyed tungsten electrodes which still outperform all commers in AC welding operations (I bet they don't sell em).

Lawrence
Parent - By anant_kk Date 12-29-2000 13:44
Dear Dryden,
You could find the same artical & much more info.about GTAW on the site WWW.PROFUSION.com
thank you,
anant
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / AWS GTAW Article