Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / CWI Exam
- - By x77 Date 02-01-2006 04:55
My CWI exam is in less than two weeks and though I am feeling confident I still want to tap into every resource I can. I ask if anyone has any tips to taking or preparing for this exam and perhaps helpful internet links. Thanks in advance.
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 02-01-2006 13:00
Man, how many times has this question been answered. Try doing a search, type in key word CWI Exam or CWI exam tips.
Parent - By jfwi (*) Date 02-02-2006 19:22
Read D1.1 a few more times. That helped me. And if you got the modules early read them also. Good luck, Jerry.
Parent - By noplacetosail Date 03-13-2006 20:37
Spend most of your time answering the study questions, they are VERY similiar to the test. Time yourself when taking them.
Make sure you kow the index/table of contents in whatever code you are using frontwards and backwards.

Good luck !
www.weldguru.com
Parent - By QCCWI (***) Date 03-13-2006 20:41
Makes sure you understand the foot notes on the tables in the code book. During the test do not forget the foot notes are there.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-13-2006 20:43
Another thing,
Pay close attention to the notes and when they apply to the table or figure you are referencing, that one little note can change the whether or not something is acceptable or not. They love to pull those types of questions on you just to see if you are paying attention to the question.

John Wright

edit: oops, QCCWI beat me to it, must have a faster computer;).
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / CWI Exam