Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI - Inspecting on Navy Projects
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-09-2006 18:30
I'm trying to gather some information on the number of CWIs that are engaged in inspection or consulting for Navy work. Specifically, I'm interested in CWI/SCWIs working on projects that specify NAVSEA S9074-AR-GIB-010/278, NAVSEA T9074-AD-GIB-010/1688, or NAVSEA T9074-AS-GIB-010/271.

Please respond if you are certified as an AWS CWI or SCWI civilian empoyee for the U.S. Navy, enlisted in the U.S. Navy, or work for a contractor. I would also be interested in your opinion of the AWS QC1 program and the ASNT SNT-TC-1A for visual welding inspection.

I'm working on a presentation to champion recognition of AWS QC1 as a viable option to SNT-TC-1A for the certification of visual welding inspectors. This information will be used only for the purpose of compiling the nuimber of individuals that are currently CWI/SCWI working in this industry. Your name, address, etc. will not be passed on to anyone else. Your name will not be added to a spammer's list. i will contact you only if you give me permission to do so.

Thanks - Albert Moore
AMoore999@comcast.net
Parent - - By - Date 02-09-2006 19:40
Mr. Moore,
I am an SCWI working with Tech Pubs 278, 1688 and 271. Feel free to e-mail me.
Mankenberg
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-10-2006 19:08
Hello and thanks for replying. Please send me your e-mail address. I have a few questions to ask regarding the work you do and what certifications (AWS QC1 and ASNT) you currently hold. Please send your e-mail address to the address I provided in the origninal post.

A revision of NAVSEA TP271 is in progress. I am trying to get the committee include the AWS QC1 program in the new document.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By - Date 02-10-2006 19:19
kipmank@hotmail.com

It's listed in my user profile.

Mankenberg
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI - Inspecting on Navy Projects