Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Chinese manufacturer--welding machine
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By peter-magic (*) Date 02-15-2006 10:15
Our company is a manufacture of inverter welding and cutting machine using most advantaged technology.it is a high-tech copmany and specialized in designing,manufacturing and commercializing of welding and cutting products.
Now we have 9 series and more than 40 models products.such as inverter DC MMA welding machine,inverter DC TIG machine,inverter MMA/TIG machine,inverter ACDC TIG welding machine inverter Pulse TIG welding machines,Inverter Plasma cutting machine,Inverter MMA/TIG/PLASMA cutting machine,Inverter CO2 MIG machine, and so on.
Our products standing in the front of the world and this step forward brought the benefits from reductionof weight and size with the good quality the reasonable price and the perfect service ,Our products find favor in the market of Southeast Asia Europe, America,South Africa and Middle East etc,which are popular with our customers in and abroad.
If you have any requirement,pls contact me anytime.

Tel:86 755 27474208 ext.256
Fax:86 755 27364108
Email: peter@rilandweld.com
peter-magic@hotmail.com

regards
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-16-2006 00:02
Hello peter-magic.

I only have one well, maybe two questions for you...

Why should I buy a machine from you, and not one from an established domestic manufacturer of the same type of equipment?

Surely you do'nt think merely because of price - do you?

Respectfully,
SSBN727
Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - - By peter-magic (*) Date 02-16-2006 00:58
Dear SSBN727
Thanks for your reply.could you tell me you are businessman or not ? i think anybody want to buy cheapper goods -- and you. we can supply hight quality machines for you,you can buy a sample and test function of machine,then you will know clearly our machine's quality. we have 10 years experience for mading machine.if you are interesting in our machine.kindly pls tell me the type.
i will sent the main parameter and photo to you, but first pls tell me your email.

regard
peter
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-16-2006 01:10

Peter_Magic

Why a machine to know if it works or not?

I would be willing to install one of your machines in my shop and report on this weblog how it performed.

However, you will need to supply the machine to me free of charge.

Word of mouth from training facilities really is the best advertising available.

Give it some thought
Parent - By peter-magic (*) Date 02-16-2006 01:30
Dear Lawrence
Yes i can supply a machine for you.but i am afraid it cann't be free.because the price from USD100 TO USD2000,they are expensive for me.for the sample and i hope we can stand a long-term business relations between us ,so i can give you a discount,and freight collect.like this,the machine is cheaper also.
kindly pls could you tell me what type do you need ? so i can sent the photo and technical paremeter to you.

regard
peter
Parent - - By welder5354 (**) Date 02-16-2006 05:06
Lawrence, you have a good point. How do we know how well the machine will perform by word of mouth. Five years ago, i purchased a Thermyadyne pulsed mig/stick and tig combination welding machine at 10K. A few months down the road, i decided to used the machine to weld with E6010. But guess what, to my surprise, the machine could not weld an E6010 electrode continously (it would weld for 20 seconds and then break the arc). I called the manufactuer and he informed me that the machine was designed such (because of the pulsing) that it could not perform well using the E6010.
Is there anybody else out there having the same problem?
Parent - - By peter-magic (*) Date 02-16-2006 05:13
HI
you need to ask and know clearly technical parameter before purchase a machine.
some like that, not all

regard
peter
peter@rilandweld.com
Parent - By spatterbrain (*) Date 02-17-2006 08:06
If you buy from China, you may get a good price but you WILL NOT get good quality. I used to work there. I know
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-17-2006 12:10
First of all, what does the significance as to whether or not I'm a "businessman" have to do with the price of tea in China?
Definite pun intended!!!

Next: You said your company has ten years experience in the manufacture of welding & cutting equipment - well then, what is the name of your company?

Third: In these United States of America, we DO NOT first buy any equipment "sample and test the function of machine" -Oh NO!!!
Believe me sir, I know "Snake Oil sales" when I read it!!! A GOOD Businessman can recognize this...

I have more points to cover but, my time is more important than to waste it covering all of them to you this morning!!!

I do however have a suggestion for you, if you're going to attempt to sell your wares in this country or others that have similar business philosophies, DO NOT ASSUME that you know the culture here!!!
You need to get to know our culture instead of offending us with your gross and insulting assumptions of how we think!!!
Parent - - By MBlaha (***) Date 02-19-2006 15:14
Unfortunatley ssbn, so many of our companies are now run by the bean counters, not people that understand manufacturing, and construction. All too often, they only see the bottom line, cost vs. profit, and they are doing all they can to eliminate cost, which I can understand to an extent, but to what extent? I know quite a few purchasing agents will jump on the band wagon to purchase equipment they can get cheaper, however, cheaper does not always equate lower costs when break downs start to slow production, outsourced parts that dont meet specifications and now we have to deal with gaps, etc. I could go on and on about what I have seen transpire in the last 20 years compared to what I saw the first 13 in this trade. One instance, I ordered Welper mig pliers for the mig welders on this project. Our purchasing agent ordered the originals the first time and they worked excellent. When we added more welders, and I ordered more, he found a different brand (lookalike) that when I tried to tighten the contact tip with a pair the first time, I broke off one of the handles. I asked him what savings was that? Are you going to send them back and get them replaced, so we can break the next ones. Just too much emphasis on saving money sometimes.

Just my .02 worth.
Thanks for letting me get my gripe out LOL
Have a safe and great week everyone.

Mike
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-19-2006 23:21
Mike,
don't get mad at the world with the purchasing agents. They just do what high management tells them to do.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - - By MBlaha (***) Date 02-20-2006 04:15
Giovanni:

I do not feel like I am mad at the world or even at the purchasing agents. I never raised my voice to anyone. I simply asked what I thought was a perfectly honest question. We keep trying to produce quality and quantity with less and it just plain gets frustrating. I fail to see where that is getting mad at the world. If one cannot express frustration once and a while, well, I am sorry.

Mike
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-20-2006 19:06
Mike,
perhaps I exaggerated with the expression "mad at the world". The equivalent Brazilian expression: "fulo da vida" (mad at the life) simply means that you're upset because of something, as is your case. Aren't you upset because of the bad quality pliers? I realize that for you Americans "mad at the world" is a much heavier expression and not to be used in simple circumstances.
From what I understood on your posting above, (and I might have undersood the wrong way), you're putting the blame of the pliers on the purchasing agents. So, what I tried to explain you is that purchasing agents just do what the big shots tell them to do. The fault is the big shots' one, not the purchasing agents', who are just employees like you and me.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - By MBlaha (***) Date 02-21-2006 03:00
Giovani:

I believe you misunderstand me as you said. I understand what the purchasing agents are doing and why. Like I said in the first post, the bean counters now control companies instead of people who have worked their way up through the ranks, and they keep demanding lower costs which = higher profit. I do not begrudge any company making a profit. They have to or we would be out of work. The question is, how much is enough, and at what cost??? I am seeing on this job I am working on where the company went for the lowest cost on the shop fabrication of the duct work and the boiler. The quality that I am seeing is terrible, and then they expect us to make it look like a Swiss watch when done, which we are accomplishing allthough quite hard in some circumstances. Some of the fabrication was done right here in the town we are building the boiler in, but most was done in Romania, Thailand, and China. I am very disapointed that alot of the material being provided to us even left the shop it came from. Oh well, we will just keep plugging along.

This is my last post on this topic as we should be discussing welding, problems, good points, bad points, and points inbetween trying to help each other out with our problems concerning welding.

Have a nice day (and I do mean have a nice day :) )

Mike
Parent - By RonB (*) Date 04-03-2006 07:27
Maybe it`s just me? but i`am getting the impression this post is another form of Nigeria scam? the problem i see with this is first" he want`s us to buy from overseas? good luck with that" second Harbor freight sells cheap machines' from china" problem is you cannot get parts replaced if something goes wrong (none of the miller tips,collets, etc; fit these units) maybe the only option is for him to loan out or lease a machine or personally demonstrate it at the least?? Ron B
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 02-17-2006 18:39
Gentlemen,
don't get mad at the world with Peter. He's only trying to sell the welding machines his outfit manufacture. His boss told him to advertise the product and he's just obeying his boss' order. If he doesn't, he'll find himself in a bad shape. China is a Communist country, don't forget that.
We all know that Chinese stuff is far from being the best quality one. In spite of that, as Brazilian newspapers have announced recently, in 2005 China's GNP (gross national product) has surpassed that of Great Britain and France, and China is now the fourth country in the world, after USA, Japan and Germany. Always according to Brazilian newspapers, it won't take too long before they surpass also Germany.
As for me, I'd never buy a "Made in China" equipment or material. I've had bad experience with that.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 02-18-2006 03:08
To you thrifty shoppers,
I find all your responses do have some validity. I have some Chinese manufactured equipment and am pleased with the quality and performance. I find that research and articles written serve to give the buying public a fair evaluation of China's products. Yes, I have gotten some junk, as most do on occasion, but have found several extremely high-quality items. I picked up a sweet 2 HP bench mill for less than $230.00 including shipping that has performed flawlessly, and a 5HP 30 gal air compressor less than $150.00 with shipping. A China company named Seig puts out a fine, quality product, as do some others. I have 2 Miller mig welders, a Lincoln stick, a Hypotherm plasma cutter, a Victor acetylene, and an Italian made Chicago Electric aluminum mig. So, you see, I do have my preferences. There are some well made units now coming from China and the test of time will give credence to their worthiness. Most evaluations can be found on Google and some of the consumer report sites. Hey, we can't fight the loss of products because they can be produced for less over there, but some of our manufacturers have priced themselves out of business. You might disagree, but we do have junk produced here too. You cannot deny that we do try to save a buck. I would simply say to just be an educated consumer and do your homework before making a serious purchase.....Denny
Parent - - By peter-magic (*) Date 02-18-2006 03:21
Dear all
Our company name is "SHENZHEN RILAND ELECTRIC MFG.CO.,LTD" why don't you look our website ? i have wrote. www.rilandweld.com

Regarding the quality,i know that some product is not very good in china.but not all. all people work hard all the time.

yes we are communist country,but we are freedom,liberal,happy.not your thinking.

Do business or not is not prior important. i only want to make friend with you.this is very important.

thanks all

best regards
peter
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-19-2006 09:46
Balderdash!!!!!
Parent - - By spatterbrain (*) Date 02-19-2006 11:41
Communism has nothing to do with it. It is the attitude. And I know how the people of China think. Just as their government say. Ching, Booyao pien Wu!!
I spent several years working in China and Taiwan and have yet to see anything of any quality come out of China. Sorry but that's the way I feel.
Parent - - By texredneck (**) Date 02-20-2006 08:00
Question I guess I have is if I purchase your equipment and something dont work where do I take it to get fixed? Do you have authorized dealers and the such? Where are they located and what are their names. I notice you arent located in the U.S. of A. so how do I contact a service technician in my area?
CHRIS
Parent - - By spatterbrain (*) Date 02-20-2006 08:04
Good question Chris. Very good question.
Parent - - By peter-magic (*) Date 02-21-2006 09:30
Yes, that's a good questions.most of our product sale to european asia and mid east,thailand,German. i want to try to sell machine in USA market.we have only little dealer in USA. but i have said we do business or not is not importand. make friend each other is very important. maybe you want to learn chinese ? same time i want to learn english. yes,i learning everyday,lear english and other country's culture.
maybe we can talk in MSN peter-magic@hotmail.com

sincerely
peter
Parent - - By texredneck (**) Date 02-21-2006 19:42
Well the only trouble with what youre proposing here Peter is for those of us who work as contractors we depend on our equipment. Many of us are less than real easy on our machines. And when somehthing breaks we cant wait to have it shipped somewhere or something. Particularly when things are brand new, and Ive seen it with both Lincoln and Miller that Ive had experience with that have needed service relatively soon after first use. These inverter machines, IMHO aren't yet near what the transformer and generator type machines are with regards to durability and dependability. Bottom line, if my machine breaks I need to know where I can get it repaired. And thats the bottom line. Friend or not, business associate or not, bottom line is bottom line. When my machine aint working I aint working. When I aint working I have to ask why. When its because of poor service, and the case could be lack of places to give service as much as anything else, I find myself looking somewhere else. I dont care if I pay more for the machine. The payoff by having that machine making me money and the least amount of downtime is what matters most to me. I understand not all will agree with me, but most will. If you are asking for soem opinions, mine is to first get a network of service dealers who can sell, service and offer parts for the equipment in the regions you are wanting to sell in. Its just my two cents, but fact of the matter is I dont do business with my best friend. Heck I dont do business with any of my friends. Its best that way as far as Im concerned.
Well good luck to you and hope things work out
CHRIS
Parent - By yorkiepap (***) Date 02-22-2006 01:24
AMEN Tex......Denny
Parent - - By agong (**) Date 02-22-2006 21:21
Very good points, Chris
Parent - - By speedsport Date 03-30-2006 03:12
I sent Peter a couple of Emails, I told him what he should do is hire a independent testing lab to test their equipment and then take out some full page ads in trade magazines to publish the results. Haven't heard from him since. Their thinking is "Here it is, we make, you buy."
I told him they are just wasting their time. I guess we need to see them sponsoring a NASCAR team. The Chinese don't believe in advertising or taking the right steps to promote their products. Too bad, they might make good products.
Parent - - By Brand X (*) Date 03-30-2006 17:28
I am not buying a welder out of China as long as Esab/Miller/Thermal/
Lincoln still build most of them in this country. The whole deal of
Walmart/ cheapest deal rubs me the wrong way!!!! It's not even
about buying American, as much as it is not buying Chinese if I
can help it. It's sad when you go to the store and can't find
American made toothpicks and are forced to buy Chinese.
I read where the stuff comes from and if given a option to
buy from any other country, I do it !!! I can go without
pretty dang well if I need too.:)
Parent - - By hogan (****) Date 03-30-2006 18:36
i totally agree
Parent - - By SA-200 (**) Date 04-07-2006 01:27
Maybe you should sell ur welders to walmart....
Parent - By kindredguitars Date 04-07-2006 01:56
now thats a good idea.
Parent - - By MAC702 (*) Date 04-07-2006 05:35
Are any ESAB's made in America?
Parent - - By texredneck (**) Date 04-07-2006 07:58
I dont even know where esab is originally from lol I always assumed they were american made...maybe euro?
Parent - - By awill4wd (**) Date 04-07-2006 10:14
I have a different viewpoint seeing as I'm in Australia. Currently at work we have a 20 year old Esab Tig, a 10 year old Miller Syncrowave 250 and a 4-5 year old OTC AVP 300 AC/DC inverter. All are good to great machines in different ways but fortunately for us here is we don't lock ourselves into a blue versus red mentality. We are lucky enough to see machines like Fronius, Kemppi, Essetti, OTC, Migomag, Miller, Lincoln, WIA, and the list goes on.They all make similar inverter Tigs with specs very close to each other. I have no problem with Chinese built machines if they meet the specs I require. I may be in the market for an onsite 200 amp AC/DC tig in the future, it must be an inverter and if the Chinese one fits the bill then that's fine by me.
We are all living in a "global" market now and shutting your eyes to what is available may only give your competitor a cost advantage that they can exploit. I see the introduction of Chinese Tigs as good for the market as the majors will have to compete and lower prices will almost certainly result.
Regards Andrew.
ps: If price were no option and I could afford one the new Dynasty 700 would look great in my workshop. http://www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/dynasty_700/
Hmmm a 700 amp inverter Tig will all the features of the Aerowave, Wow, what a machine.
Parent - By SA-200 (**) Date 04-13-2006 22:20
http://theinquirer.net/?article=30671
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 04-07-2006 12:30
Texredneck,
for your information, ESAB is a Swedish company with headquarters in Sweden, of course, and subsidiaries all over the world, including Brazil and USA.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By texredneck (**) Date 04-09-2006 05:40
Thanks Giovanni,
its a small thing I just never ever bothered to consider it. Ive always worked with miller and lincoln so yuo know the things you dont work with you dont bother to learn about.
Thanks
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-10-2006 07:33
Alot of their equipment is still manufactured at the old Linde/UnionCarbide - L-tec plant in Florence, South Carolina...

They meaning ESAB, also has a HUGE presense in Europe...
The name originating from Sweden...
http://www.esab.com/
http://www.esabna.com/

I've also been around thirty years or more if you want to include my years when my grandfather was alive, and he taught me alot about the fundamentals - then we're talking over thirty five yrs whipdeedoo!!!... I've seen equipment come and go, even used to go around repairing quite a few power sources, accessories, etc.
I've worked in some of the most god awful conditions, and have seen supposedly well made equipment not able to show any sort of durability after being exposed to the elements for prolonged periods.

My point is, now that I've visited the website: http://www.rilandusa.com

Based on what I can see (Which is very little content), I do not feel anymore convinced about this riland equipment being able to withstand extreme conditions too well to justify purchase of this equipment over the more established, reputable manufacturers which by the way, maintain a far more extensive network in comparison...

This is a very important consideration for companies that cannot wait too long for repairs.

I'm sure that the equipment is well designed but, logistically speaking, for companies that cannot wait too long for repairs,
replacements, parts or even loaners, this equipment may become too much of a headache in being able to provide all of the above efficiently... I don't see enough protection designed into the equipment for withstanding extreme conditions and I'll keep saying this until I'm proven wrong!!! I've been proven wrong before but, somehow - I do'nt think it's this time...

Respectfully,
SSBN727

Respectfully,
Parent - By Brand X (*) Date 04-15-2006 19:27
Here is what I know about my Esab 350 mpi inverter (made in USA)
When they were building it, Esab enginneers went all over this country
with a meter to check all the known voltages. They were checking for
things that could damage the power supply. They would feed this info
into the test unit and make changes till it was bulletproof.

For some strange reason, I really doubt that the Chinese really
give a crap about those things.
Parent - - By - Date 04-08-2006 00:44
X you might want to look where Thermal has been building a new factory for the last 2 years, CHINA. Soon Thermal's US presence will be a bunch of kids breaking down containers on the West Coast and putting their equipment on UPS trucks.

Peter, who is RilandUSA? Are they a distributor or just somebopdy buying an occasional container of your product from a broker in China?
What is the relationship of Storts Welding to your company?
Parent - - By storts Date 04-09-2006 13:54
To Everyone,,,I am a authorized Riland dealer,,,go to there web site,,its www.rilandusa.com I never heard of this person,,or company,,so dont tie him in with me,,as Im legit,,,I have owned a welding co for going on 30 years,,i sell them,,use them,,and cant keep them on the shelf,,,I will pass this on to the proper authoritys,,as my distrubuter is the ONLY!!!!!!!!authorized Riland dealer in the USA,,,,If you need parts or service,,,consumbables,,any part,,,no problem,,they are in stock,,and this Peter sounds like a maunufactur rep.,,Probably could not tig,,or demonastrate a Plasma...Any questions,my e mail is stortsweldingco@sbcglobal.net.Thank You,,Jack Connors

Franz ,,what makes you think that im tied in with this gentleman????????????Youve bragged you know where i buy them,,,I will tell every one where i buy them,,,But you must be authorized!!!!!!You amaze me!!!!! You think Storts Welding is tied into everything..Next you will have me selling cookies out of the back of my welding truck??????
Parent - - By texredneck (**) Date 04-09-2006 18:48
Thanks Jack for clearing this up.
My only concern with a machine is service and parts, sounds like you can provide service and parts, and support. Thats my biggest beef with any distributor whether lincoln, miller, riland whoever. I personally have been real impressed with what Ive seen and heard from the riland products Jack is selling. Ive heard of several peoples accounts, all very good. I am personally considering one of the plasmas...looks like a good lil machine. Again Jack thanks for the explanation!

I think Franz gonna have you selling girl scout cookies out of your welding rig haha :)
Parent - - By storts Date 04-10-2006 01:17
Thank You Chris,,Not a good subject wirh franzie and the girl scouts,,,thin he chases him of the "estate" last yaer with the fogger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11hehehehhehehhehehehhehehehheeh

Franzie OK,,,Just wants to reasurch everything,,,,.god knows he has the time,,and the brains,,,Everything you stated,,and i thank you is 100% true,,,and the old coot,,,I mean the franz knows it also 100%,,,Ask Him what ever happened to little petie???????????????????Hope the little guy is ok,,,,Once i pick the will check up from my dear aunt,,,it sukee kennels time,,,for my replacement,,,,of my best friend,,Had shepards all my life,,,but theres nothing like picking up anouther bandit with a new escalade,,,,,Any help you need or explanations call. e mail,,, Im still waiting for my Tig,,,,they need to work more than 24/7,,,make more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks again,Jack Connors
Parent - - By SA-200 (**) Date 04-13-2006 22:22
http://theinquirer.net/?article=30671
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-14-2006 10:53
Excellent article SA-200!!!

Thanks for your input!!!

Respectfully,
SSBN727
Parent - - By texredneck (**) Date 04-14-2006 21:13
Me agrees
Parent - - By abrogard (*) Date 04-21-2006 09:55

I found this thread very interesting. Some of you guys say some good things.

I think generally it was a bit hard on Peter Magic. He was only trying to be a friend. He said that. You couldn't/wouldn't believe it.

I've been to China. Not for a visit. Not for twenty or thirty visits like some hotshot businessman/salesman/politician or rockstar. No, to live and work there for more than four years.

I can tell you something about China and the Chinese that those others might not be able to tell you.

The vast bulk of the Chinese people are honest, frugal, humble, earnest, truthful, naive and simple people.

Yeah. You didn't think anything like that existed in the world any more, did you?

You're incapable of responding to it.

But you are going to have to. Because it is there and it is coming.

I billion Chinese are coming. If they can. And they are not coming with vicious intent or with harm in mind, they are coming with gentle optimistic belief that China and the Chinese people - after Centuries of suffering - is entitled to a place in the modern world and will be welcome there.

Peter would have done you a deal if he could. Peter would have told you the truth. He did tell you the truth.

There was a good point about service and parts. But that point is answerable. I'm in Australia too, same as that guy that posted about the stuff they have, and we have much Chinese stuff and we make out for service and parts even if we have to take a 'replacement' avenue of handling the problem until servicemen and service departments become established.

But, truly, where's servicemen and servicing gone today anyway? Who fixes anything any more?

Your real problems - your underlying concern - may well be in worrying about American dollars going overseas and the worsening balance of payments.

Well, I share that with you. I just said: we have many Chinese products here. We do. Too many, I often think. And too many American products. And too many British products. And too many Japanese products. And too many European products.

They are cheaper. I buy them because they are 'cheaper'. But I say to myself and to everyone else that will listen 'how can they be 'cheaper' when the money is going out of Australia?' But I still buy 'em. I just bought a SIP welder. I think that's Chinese. It doesn't say. That probably means it is.

So I'm helping Australia lose money. And I don't know what to do about it. I don't understand international finance or economics or what the hell is happening - except that it is childishly obvious that the rich will get richer, inevitably, barring major disasters. And they've gotta be bigger than a world war, for instance. The Krupps and Rothschilds and Rockefellers all got richer via the Second World War, I believe.

What's going to happen when they've got all the money? I dunno.

There's really only one currency in the world, because we all trade with each other. Even isolated, curtained off, non-global, non-trading currencies (such as the Chinese Yuan) that are supposed to be useless outside of their own country, are really part of the world's one currency, because the fortunes of the world inevitably effect their currency.

So what happens when someone gets all the money? Some people. Or some countries?

I guess they'll have to share it out again. Just like monopoly.

:)
Parent - - By spatterbrain (*) Date 04-21-2006 10:05
You mean to tell me, you spent 4 years in China and didn't learn anything about their attitude towards quality?
They don't even have a word for it.
I spent many years in asia including China and Taiwan and I am not impressd with the quality I've seen. If you want to but chinese products, you go right ahead. I myself will try to avoid it.
Just remember, the job you save may not be your own.
Parent - - By abrogard (*) Date 04-21-2006 13:01

Hi spatterbrain...

they've got a word for quality alright. I wonder what was going on with you during your time in China to think they hadn't? They've got a word for it in various shades of meaning. Quality has been a big thing with them for centuries, hasn't it?

You think, perhaps, that you won't buy Chinese but I'll bet you will. It'll be a Chinese processor inside your next electrical appliance, whatever that might be, from dishwasher to computer, chances are.

The Chinese make what they want to make, to whatever standard. If you've been there and you are in business/industry you surely couldn't have missed that?

Of course they've got hundreds and thousands of rogues, incompetents, falsers, thieves and downright scoundrels. And that can sometimes lead to substandard concrete, if you get my drift. But that's not something you are totally unused to in the States, is it?

I didn't understand your bit about '.... the job you save...' . If I'm buying Chinese aren't I helping lose jobs, not save them? (except for Chinese jobs, of course)

Parent - - By spatterbrain (*) Date 04-22-2006 05:39
If you were to actually read my post, you would see I wrote I would try not to buy Chinese products. I know that is not possible though. That is my opinion and being an American I have the right to say that. Unlike the Chinese.

But tell me one thing. What is the Chinese tranlsation for Quality? What is the character in Mandarin? Use it in a Chinese sentence.

You say you don't understand my comment about the job you save? Have you not seen the counterfeiting going on in China? I saw it. I used to see the pirated DVD's being sold in legitimate Department stores. It is open there. They even counterfeit medicines!

Everything with no quality. The Chinese I worked with even admitted they have poor quality attitudes. They do what they are told. There is no incentive. DOn't tell me about China. I know what I saw.

Sounds like you still have some interests there.
Ching BooYau Pien Wu! Translate that!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Chinese manufacturer--welding machine
1 2 Previous Next