Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / PREFORM BELOW STANDARD
- - By cuco (*) Date 02-20-2006 08:55
[deleted]
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-20-2006 21:44
As the welder, you are between a rock and a hard spot. As they say, "S___t rolls downhill" and your on the downhill side of the problem.

You are an employee of the company. The employer has the responsibility to provide proper direction to you, the employee. There is little you can do if the company doesn't provide the proper direction and the proper equipment and materials to do the work correctly.

You have attempted to tell them the welding rod isn't stored properly. Did you tell them it had to be stored in an electrode oven (not a kitchen range) at 250 degrees F (or higher)? Did they ignor your warning? There's little else you can do. I've been there before and I had to made a decission to continue being the "whipping boy" or find a new employer.

One other thing you can do is contact the manufacturer and ask them what the recommended procedures are for the repair of their equipment. They may be willing to recommend the proper preheat, proper filler metal, and techniques to be followed.

You may have to make a decission and look for a different employer, because those types of companies aren't usually interested in doing it right. They just want someone to blame when it blows up in their face.

Good luck - Al
Parent - - By texredneck (**) Date 02-20-2006 21:57
i agree with this. infortunately ive seen my share of this. it is very frustrating. i do feel for you
chris
Parent - By cuco (*) Date 03-18-2006 14:57
TEXREDNECK
IT WAS VEARY FRUSTRATING. THAT PLACE HAD ME STRESSED OUT.
GOD BLESSED AND DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT PLACE ANY MORE.

CUCO
Parent - - By cuco (*) Date 03-18-2006 14:52
THANKS FOR THE ADDVICE. HELPED ME MAKE MY DISSITION ON WHAT TO DO.
I FOUND A JOB RIGHT DOWN THE STREET. @JHONSON EQUIPTMENT A CATAPILER DEALER. WILL BE STARTING MONDAY.

CUCO
Parent - By texredneck (**) Date 03-18-2006 20:03
Very glad to hear this. Its always a no win situation. Best to be a winner and move on with your dignity and self respect intact.
Good luck
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / PREFORM BELOW STANDARD