Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 5 Series aluminum availability.
- - By - Date 12-15-2000 18:42
Does anybody know where I can order some 5083 or 5086 series aluminum tubing, pipe or even sheet? I prefer tubing, but I can turn down the pipe on a lathe, or "form" from the sheet. I'm having a terrible time trying to locate this grade. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Slagman
Parent - - By DGXL (***) Date 12-17-2000 00:22
Try contacting the Aluminum Association @ http://www.aluminum.org/ and they may be able to help you with locating where these alloys are produced and local availability. Good Luck.

p.s.: Just out of curiosity, what type of project are you using these "non-heat treatable" alloys for? (tank or vessel?)
Parent - By - Date 12-18-2000 23:38
Neither one. It's for a prototype project, with a pending patent. It's dependent upon the not having to heat treat it, after welding. Also, according to my engineer, it's good stuff. That's why we are looking for this series. Thank-you for the reply, and I will be checking.

Slagman
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 5 Series aluminum availability.