Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / FCAW Essential variables
- - By firstpass (**) Date 03-13-2006 03:43
I reviewed a welding PQR and would like some input from the forum contributors. I presently am on the road and do not have access to code books. I reviewed a PQR on FCAW and noticed on this particular procedure it lacked the listing of the electrical characteristics pertaining specifically to Constant voltage. It listed polarity as DCEP which is correct for the wire which was a 309L .045. I found it strange.

Question Is the Constant Voltage an Essential Variable. .
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-13-2006 05:20
What code are you working with?

Al
Parent - - By firstpass (**) Date 03-14-2006 03:30
ASME
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-14-2006 06:54
Is it section IX?
Parent - By tito (**) Date 03-14-2006 12:17
I'm not looking at sec IX right at this moment, but I believe there is a specific statement that says something like - "the pqr is used to record actual variables used in welding the test coupon....if no variables are not monitored, then no variables should be recorded."

Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 03-16-2006 08:37
Can you do flux core any way except constant voltage? Even the voltage sensing wire feeders that can connect to constant current power supplies regulate the voltage by controling the wire speed (thus the process is still constant voltage). If it is true that FCAW is always constant voltage (my impression) then from a linguistic point of view the PQR is unambiguous.
Bill
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / FCAW Essential variables