Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / New CWI in the ranks!!
- - By S.E.N.S.E (*) Date 03-15-2006 22:33
I took the CWI/CWE exam in January and just got my results yesterday. I passed!!! Man, I worked so hard for this, and it payed off. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that helped me out with info, links, etc. This is truly a great forum and a virtual library of knowledge. Hope to use everyones resources again soon and I hope I can help out some of you along the way. Again, thank you all for the help.

Shane
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 03-16-2006 13:06
Fantastic Shane, congratulations! Now, just remember this, the CWI is nice, but you can never stop studying. There is an awful lot of competition out there among CWI's and the most successful ones will be the most knowledgeable ones.
Parent - - By S.E.N.S.E (*) Date 03-16-2006 23:01
I totally understand this. I know it sounds dumb, but I cant stay out of the code book! I just find myself reading and reading and if D1.1 gets dry then there is always API 1104. The information is just endless!
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 03-18-2006 10:18
Very cool. When I first got my CWI I sat with the entire Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code and over the course of a couple years read them all at least three times; this has proven very useful in my career as I now can zoom straight to the information I'm seeking~
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 03-16-2006 13:27
Congrats! :)
John Wright
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-16-2006 13:48
Congratulations
Parent - - By QCCWI (***) Date 03-16-2006 15:20
Congrats. And now the real learning begins.
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 03-17-2006 22:04
Congratulations, and I'll second that. Your CWI test is a stepping stone to lots more learning and experiences.
Chet
Parent - - By commonarc (**) Date 03-19-2006 04:05
Congrats on your CWI.

I plan on taking mine in September of this year.
API-1104 for starts.

Any suggestions on studying would be appreciated.
Parent - By S.E.N.S.E (*) Date 03-20-2006 03:39
I took the D1.1 It is a very daunting task if you look at the book compared to the API 1104. But I think I could navigate the D1.1 a little better. Pay attention in your seminar and study the material covered every day and you will do fine.
Parent - By UCSB (**) Date 03-21-2006 15:51
Congrats Shane.

Itook my first test on API 1104--- mistake! I worked with both codes and figured the API would be easier--- well, why not? Its smaller! HA!!
Since it was smaller, they really dug in for the questions. I missed by 1 question. That was in 1985. I kept the CAWI and retook the test in 1988 with the D1.1 and passed.
Parent - - By Partagas (*) Date 03-19-2006 04:35
Congrats on passing the test. Now the hardest part will start.

Just remember you still have to work with people. And you will and or could piss off a lot of people with your results. I had one CWI who thought he was a GOD and if you asked him why he failed a weld, he would not answer and then give you a verbal warning. I lost my Cert to him due to he did not like the look of a weld. I was not allowed to go back and clean my pipe. I had over 100 pipes pass with out a failure, but I lost my Cert due to looks.........

So enjoy your CWI, but remember us little guys..... LOL
Parent - By S.E.N.S.E (*) Date 03-20-2006 03:37
Hey, I AM one of the little guys. Not only do I intend to inspect but I am also going to continue to be a welder too. I have made a living and kept my family safe and my belly fat right behind my hood. I am NOT going to be one of the "GODs gift to welding" inspectors. I have been on both sides of the hood, so to speak, and I love them both. Thank you all for your kind words. Who knows, maybe some of us will cross paths someday.
Parent - By MBlaha (***) Date 03-20-2006 11:48
Congratulations Shane.

Mike
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / New CWI in the ranks!!