Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Whould Like Info on UK Codes and Std's
- - By EX-HTC Date 03-24-2006 12:25
Particularly in Scotland's Petroleum Industry. I know there are some American Co's there, but not sure if they use API or some European ISO.
Thanks, by the way this is a great board.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 03-24-2006 12:52
I suggest that you get in touch with The Welding Institution of the United Kingdom:
www.twi.co.uk
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By vonash (**) Date 03-24-2006 21:30
I agree AWS is specific to U.S. practices; although much information on this site is always helpful.
Best Regards,
Vonash
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-25-2006 03:55
Welcome Ex-HTC!!!
So you worked on the USS Georgia conversion... Must've been alot of fun!!!
I myself worked on the first three up in "Rotten Groton", CT!!!
The USS Ohio, the USS Michigan and the USS Florida... Most of the welding I deposited was on the USS Michigan... Hence, my call sign: "SSBN727" I also did quite a few repairs in the Los Angeles class boats... Before EB, I was an HT also, as were a few others that frequent this forum so again, welcome!!!
BTW, have you seen "King Neptune" lately???

Anywho,
Try this Forum: http://www.ukwelder.com/
Warning: They're a fiesty bunch but, most of the time very helpful and they'll steer you in the right direction with your query.
Update: http://www.ukwelder.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=3335
Respectfully,
SSBN727
Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - By Shane Feder (****) Date 04-09-2006 08:59
ssbn727,
Loved your warning about UK welder forum. Feisty bunch is a nice way of putting it. I saw the s..t they threw at you last time you were on the forum.I put a rather lengthy posting on just after that and told everyone my real name and that I would never post on that forum again due to idiots who were not interested in sharing knowledge but purely shooting people down. I have gone back again under a different user name because I enjoy helping out people who come onto the forum with legitamate questions,
Regards,
Shane
Parent - By Ariel D C (**) Date 03-28-2006 09:47
Perhaps BSEN or BS Std, Check construction drawings..it will give you the clue on what code to follow. API Inspection code applies to vessels / tank constructed in accordance with the API/ ASME code.

Ariel D C
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Whould Like Info on UK Codes and Std's