Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / lincon ultracore 71c
- - By hogan (****) Date 04-07-2006 17:28
i have a lincon rep trying to get us to use this newer lowhy fcaw-g wire. can anyone give me some feedback on using it?
Parent - - By welder5354 (**) Date 04-07-2006 18:41
Have the rep give you a sample and try it for yourself.
If he wants you to buy his products, then thats the least he can do.
I called Hobart Brothers yesterday, told them I was interested in Gas Shielded Cored Wire (MC-6), but I needed a sample. "No problem", said the salesman, "it will be shipped to you within a couple of days".
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 04-07-2006 19:01
Same here our supplier came over and brought us the gas and the wire to give it a test run for a week or so to see if we liked it.
John Wright
Parent - By turbolaser (**) Date 04-08-2006 20:03
I have run this wire recently as a test for a local lincoln rep. It is a decent wire, but very touchy to the weather. You have to change parameters on a daily basis if you live in an area like the northeast, where the humidity changes every day. Also you must have very clean base metal, no mill scale or rust. Running this wire has not changed my everyday fcaw wire, I use a Kobelco fcaw wire, i think it runs better then the ultracore and it is 25% cheaper per pound. People in the mid west may have better luck with the wire as they don't have drastic humidity changes day to day.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / lincon ultracore 71c