Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Manual and Robot Mig/Mag welding
- - By panaya (*) Date 04-19-2006 06:09
Hi all
I have found a very interesting WEBsite for Manual and Robot mig/mag welding/please,see www.weldreality.com/.Is there anybody have read these books?I need an advice, to purchase or not/this is not Shakespear/.
Parent - - By MAC702 (*) Date 04-19-2006 06:38
He's famous in some circles. I've read his entire website and refer to it often, as it's some good info. At least some of what I've read there is plagarized directly from the Lincoln Electric site without credit.
Parent - By panaya (*) Date 04-19-2006 09:30
Thank you MAC702
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-19-2006 15:28
Hey MAC702!

If I were you, I'd be real careful about smearing someone's reputation without offering any proof!!!!! In other words, PROVE IT!!!
If you can, then I'll believe it but until then, please refrain from any type of slander without anything to back your words with.

Hi Panaya!
Just because this person says one thing about Ed Craig and his website does'nt mean that you should just blindly take his word that it's true!!!
I'm challenging this person and so should you to PROVE IT!!!
Otherwise, this person just may be someone that has a problem with Mr Craig and, has forgotten to act like a professional for if he did so, he would offer some PROOF!!

The last time I checked, in this country - you're innocent until PROVEN GUILTY so, PROOF of wrongdoing MUST be PRESENTED BEFORE one wildly accuses anyone of PLAGARISM!!!

Respectfully,
SSBN727
Run Silent... Run Deep!!!

P.S. Panaya, These books and other educational materials offered by Ed Craig's website: www.weldreality.com are excellent materials, and yes, I have reviewed some of his material and found them to be first rate in information that not only myself, but also many others that frequent this forum will attest to!!! You'll find knowedge in these books that you cannot find elsewhere including any of the welding equipment/consumables manufacturer's literature...
I and many others here, HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL of HIS EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL!!!!!
Parent - - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 04-19-2006 19:02
SSBN,
I have always respected your post here, but I agree with MAC on this one. Ed's site has many good points, but it's just too opinionated. He is very one sided on so many things, and refuses to see anything from the other side. I respect Ed's knowledge, but fail to see the tangible evidence of what he tries push as the truth. Talking about Ed will stir the pot just like talking politics Dem vs. Rep.
No dis-respect intended to either you, MAC, or even ED here, just different views, that’s all.

MDG
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-20-2006 12:18
Hi MDG Custom Weld!!!

Maybe you misunderstood my point in my previous reply to this post...

All I'm saying is if you're going to accuse someone of plagarism (look up the definition!!!), then PROOVE IT PERIOD!!! Otherwise,you're accusing someone with a well respected reputation of something that there's no proof of!!!
That is Slander, Defamation of Character... All very serious charges!!!

MAC702 should know better than to accuse someone of plagarism without offering any proof to support the accusation and all I'm trying to do is to challenge the accuser to bring forth the supporting facts if there are any!!!
BTW, I too have respected your input in this forum also...

Look, I agree with you that Ed can sometimes be an obnoxious SOB (but then again, so can I - and others in this forum can agree that no one is an "angel" here when it comes to their own opinions) at times in his comments regarding some of the welding equipment manufacturers, Mixed gas sales techniques and the like but, there is definite TRUTH to what he's trying to convey, and I'm not the only one that realizes these facts!!!

We also must never forget that this is The United States of America where the last time I checked, Free Speech is allowed... Also, there are laws against blindly accusing people of certain actions without providing any proof - as are protections provided in these laws to the individuals that are falsely accused... So, like that old Eric Clapton tune that goes: "Before ya accuse me, take a look at yourself"
In other words: Make sure that you can back up your accusation!!!

My point is if you can read past his opinions and just concentrate on the facts his website provides, you'll find very invaluable information and, on top of the fact that it's free, really adds value to the info available. His books are well worth the asking price and then some!!!

I hope I was able to clarify my position from my previous reply and I hope that I did'nt offend anyone because if I did, Oh well - you ca'nt please everyone!!!

Respectfully,
SSBN727
Run Silent... Run Deep!!!

Parent - By panaya (*) Date 04-20-2006 07:45
Thank you ssbn 727
I am very glad to hear all this from you.When I first time found Ed`s site I was wondered.My welding teacher in high scool was such like Ed.He was an welding expert,too.I received some E-mails from Ed.He is perfect.
I`m going to buy his materials.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Manual and Robot Mig/Mag welding