Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 9 year recertification question
- By beehive Date 04-19-2006 14:47
The wording regarding PDH's and CEU's in QC1:2006 is confusing to my simple mind. Can someone who has first hand experience please respond?

Question 1) Do the contact hours earned from attendance of a local AWS section meeting count as CEU’s. If so, do 8 CEU’s equal 80 PDH’s?

(Quoted from QC1:2006)
16.5.2 PDHs may be earned by attending local section meetings of a professional society
(AWS or other) where technical presentations that cover one or more of the areas
indicated in AWS B5.1, Specification for the Qualification of Welding Inspectors
are given. A maximum of 20 PDHs may be accepted for recertification and must
be accompanied by a section meeting announcement and certificate of completion
indicating the number of contact hours for the activity signed by the section chair.

Question 2) Does this paragraph mean what I think it does? If AWS limits the PDH’s to 20 for attending AWS section meetings it seems to me that attendance to local section meetings will drop off sharply. Or does this mean that each individual AWS section meeting that awards contact hours be credited 20 maximum PDH's?

Thanks.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / 9 year recertification question