Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / UT
- - By mksqc (**) Date 06-02-2006 19:43
I use a Krautkramer Branson USN50 tha canvas case has velcro around the outside to hold the screen cover on.the point is I got tired of having my hands full,(couplant transduicer,scraper,rags ect) you know what i mean.So I got a small squirt bottle for couplant and glued velcro around it also a small pice of velcro to the side of my transduicer.Now instead of 3 things to carry aroud I only got one, and I cant remember the last time my transduiser bounced off the floor.
Parent - By QCCWI (***) Date 06-02-2006 20:38
I might try that I am sure my transducer would appreciate it.
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 06-02-2006 22:00
a cleared piece of 4 1/2" x 10" x-ray film fits perfectly over a usn 50, 52 screen. butt it up to the left and top ridges of the face. this works great for dac curve overlays. i just write my save id and db on it. check it real quick on the standard. i had a job with 4" to 12" tyk's on a truss, this saved a lot of time!
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-05-2006 19:01
I keep all of my UT goodies in an American Tourister bag. I used to carry an arm load of stuff out to do UT, but keep it all neatly in a small bag now. Much happier now and don't have to re-couple the ducer after bouncing it off the floor.
Parent - By gerold (*) Date 06-16-2006 15:35
I have used a leather tool pouch to keep the couplant, markers, tape measure, transducers, etc. in and the scraper usually fits great in the plier or hammer loop.  This has worked very well for me, especially at heights when you need both hands.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / UT