Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / taking CWI exam, first time
- - By BCSORT (*) Date 01-26-2001 02:45
I will be taking the CWI exam in 2 weeks. This is my first try at it and I would like to know if there is anything that all you CAWI's, CWI's and SCWI can tell me about the test. I have heard a little about challenging questions. Also, what type of questions can I expect from the Code section? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Parent - By JamesT (*) Date 01-29-2001 13:54
I took the test, and passed, at Hobart in Ohio in Sept2000 and they teach you the test, more or less. But I would become familar with the layout of the code book and make sure you understand how to read the various charts/tables. If you don't have any hands-on welding experience or training make sure you study the basics of the major processes. Watch out for the answers in the exam that are "both A & B" or " both A, B, D" you gotta read it all. Finally in the practical section let the code be your guide, the coupons look nasty so try to ignore that and measure what the questions ask. Hope things go well.
Parent - - By Iron Man (*) Date 03-20-2001 23:55
I took the test not long ago and it was very tuff. How did it go? Hope you passed. The Code book is a tricky part if you are not prepared.
Parent - By BCSORT (*) Date 03-21-2001 01:26
This is BCSORT and I don't know why this post has popped up again, I wrote it over two months ago. Anyway, I just recieved my results and I did quite well.....not as good as I thought I did but I recieved my CWI and got a new job about two weeks ago so I am pleased I spent so much time studying. Yes the code section was a little tricky to me also.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / taking CWI exam, first time