SECRETARY: Steve Hedrick
SCOPE: Responsible for the preparation of standards on the joining of plastics and composites.
- G1.1M/G1.1:2006, Guide to Ultrasonic Assembly of Thermoplastics [ISBN # 0-87171-032-3]
- G1.2M/G1.2:1999, Specification for Standardized Ultrasonic Welding Test Specimen for Thermoplastics
- G1.6:2006, Specification for the Qualification of Plastics Welding Inspectors for Hot Gas, Hot Gas Extrusion, and Heated Tool Butt Thermoplastic Welds [ISBN # 0-87171-051-X]
- G1.10M:2001, Guide for the Evaluation of Hot Gas, Hot Gas Extrusion, and Heated Tool Butt Thermoplastic Welds
- G1.3:20XX, Guide for Vibrational Welding
- G1.8:20XX, Specification for Qualification of Plastics Welder Test Facilities
- G1.9:20XX, Specification for the Qualification of Plastics Welding Educators
- G1A – Subcommittee on Hot Gas Welding and Extrusion Welding
- G1B – Subcommittee on Vibration Welding
- G1C – Subcommittee on Ultrasonic Welding
The American Welding Society is recruiting volunteers to serve on the G1 Committee on Joining of Plastics and Composites. This committee is in the process of developing new standards.
Learn more about this committee's work by contacting committee secretary Steve Hedrick.
Back to All Committees