Own the Entire Library of AWS Welding Handbooks!
These are the must-have references for engineers, structural designers, technologists, inspectors, welders, welding educators and others who need to understand this dynamic and evolving industry. Put all the facts at your fingertips and be on the cutting edge with new and updated information. Here are five good reasons you should add these valuable editions to your library. The books represent:
- The largest body of knowledge on the science and technology of welding available.
- Practical, hands-on information that you can put to immediate use.
- The most current information on best practices regarding safety, quality, and weld qualification.
- Unparalleled authority—chapters are written by leading scientists, engineers, educators, and other technical and scientific experts. Every chapter is peer-reviewed.
- The most valuable resource on welding on the market today, covering the entire spectrum of welding science and technology, including welding processes, and materials and applications.
Each volume was compiled by the members the American Welding Society (AWS) Welding Handbook Chapter Committees. Each chapter is reviewed by Chapter Chairs, oversight members of the Welding Handbook Committee, the Volume Committee Chair and the Chair of the WHC. Two additional reviews are provided by the AWS Technical Activities Committee and the Safety and Health Committee.
Here's the Lineup...
9th Edition, Volume 1, Welding Science and Technology
Acquire a solid background of the basic science and the latest technological developments in welding, cutting, and allied processes. You’ll come away with an overview of the most recent research and engineering developments, including codes and standards, certification, qualification, and more.
- 17 chapters cover all the fundamentals, including welding, cutting, joining, and allied processes; 4 chapters discuss metallurgy, physics, heat flow, residual stress and distortion; other important chapters discuss engineering, tooling and positioning, automation, and much more.
- NEW to this edition is information on process monitoring and control.
- More than 700 drawings, schematics, and photographs, plus 170 tables for categorized or comparative information.
- Indices, tables of contents, appendices, and cross-references guide readers.
9th Edition, Volume 2, Welding Processes Part 1
This peer-reviewed volume represents a tremendous leap forward in welding technology. The precise control of welding parameters, advanced techniques, complex applications, and new materials discussed in this updated volume are dramatically changed from those described in previous editions. Safe practices sections are included in each chapter.
- Detailed exploration of these types of welding: shielded metal arc; gas tungsten; gas metal arc; flux cored arc; submerged arc; plasma arc; and much more.
- Background information on arc welding power sources enhanced with schematics of equipment, wiring diagrams, and tables.
- Information on the digital or computerized control of welding parameters, advanced techniques, and complex applications for new materials and equipment.
9th Edition, Volume 3, Welding Processes Part 2
This authoritative resource brings together comprehensive information on solid-state and other welding and cutting processes, including chapters on these welding processes: resistance spot and seam, projection, flash and upset, and high-frequency. Also discusses various other welding and cutting processes, including sections on two emerging processes: magnetic pulse welding and electro-spark deposition, and the return of water jet cutting as a modern process.
- Provides a comprehensive chapter on resistance welding equipment, with photos of state-of-the-art equipment and accompanied by new electrical diagrams and drawings.
- In addition to a chapter on friction welding, a new chapter introduces friction stir welding, the process that has users excited about its significant advantages.
- Discusses the most recent developments in beam technology in greatly expanded chapters on laser beam welding and cutting and electron beam welding.
- Presents a diverse array of processes in chapters on ultrasonic welding, explosion welding, diffusion welding and diffusion brazing, adhesive bonding, and thermal and cold spraying.
NEW! 9th Edition, Volume 4, Materials and Applications, Part 1
Three basic chapters of this volume, Chapter 1, Carbon and Low-Alloy Steels; Chapter 2, High-Alloy Steels; and Chapter 5, Stainless and Heat-Resistant Steels contain detailed sections on the metallurgy, composition and properties of steels, and methods of producing high-integrity welds in carbon steels, alloy steels, and stainless steels.
Different sets of welding conditions, challenges, and solutions are presented for the specialized steels represented in Chapter 3, Coated Steels; Chapter 4, Tool and Die Steels; Chapter 6, Clad and Dissimilar Metals; Chapter 7, Surfacing Materials; and Chapter 8, Cast Irons. The chapters provide information on the composition, metallurgy, weldability, and recommended welding procedures for these metals.
Chapter 9, Maintenance and Repair Welding, contains a model for a systematic approach to the sometimes-difficult procedures involved in repair welding. Chapter 10, Underwater Welding and Cutting, contains comprehensive information on producing strong, durable welds under very difficult welding conditions for use in the severest of service conditions.
DESCRIPTION TABLE OF CONTENTS ORDER NOW
8th Edition, Volume 4, Materials and Applications, Part 1(This volume will be replaced with Volume 5, Materials and Applications, Part 2, 9th Edition, in 2014.)
This volume covers essential information on nonferrous metals, plastics, composites, and ceramics. Also included are discussions on applications of the various processes, weldability, applications of specific metals, and safe practices
- Coverage of industrially important nonferrous metals, plastics, composites, and ceramics
- Chapters on aluminum and aluminum alloys, magnesium alloys, copper and copper alloys, titanium….and many more.