Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Instructors/Teachers Sharpen Your Axe
- - By 357max (***) Date 06-05-2008 13:56
A doctor's mistake they bury.
A lawyer's mistake they put in jail.
And really scary... a teacher's mistake becomes a school board member.
To the great teacher's out there; have a great summer and use some of the time to sharpen your axe. Find a class/seminar and attend and add more to your toolbox.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-05-2008 17:19 Edited 06-05-2008 17:22
Excellent advice Max.

I have a great Dean who bankrolls just about whatever I've asked.

This summer it's a grad level class in career and technical education, or CTE ("Vocational Education" is a term that has fallen out of favor with the educrats) that I'm hoping will help leverage more Carl Perkins dollars for the college and the high schools in our county. 

My teaching partner is secluded in a secret location studying up for next weeks CWI exam. He is also going to do the week long prep course with the incomparable Ed Bohnart.

Two weeks after my class ends my wife and I will be off to Uganda, where I'll be working and teaching for the month of July.  I suspect this will be a great education for us.
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 06-05-2008 18:13
Good luck with your trip to Uganda, Lawrence.  I'm sure it will be rewarding.

Your partner is in great hands with Mr. Bohnart as his instructor.  I would put him at the TOP of the profession in his realm.  I too studied non stop for 6 days with his guidance and was rewarded with both CWI and CWE credentials.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Instructors/Teachers Sharpen Your Axe