Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / asme r stamp
- - By strat (**) Date 06-09-2008 13:52
who or were can i find what states require the National Board "R" stamp to make repairs or alterations to existing asme "Code Stamped" pressure vessels

Parent - - By new tito (***) Date 06-09-2008 15:06
What you're looking for, I beleive, is NBIC NB-370.  It is document that has all of the jurisdictional requirements of each state.  My company has a link to it via our internal server, so I can't post it here.  I did do a search on the National Board web site, but it looks like you have to be an AI to access it.

Maybe try another route??
Parent - - By strat (**) Date 06-09-2008 15:31
new tito,
thanks, i also searched the National Board web site and could not find anything,I was wondering if maybe a state represinative or someone from that state could answer but i have not a clue.


the state i was wondering about is N.C.
Parent - By new tito (***) Date 06-09-2008 19:09
See if this helps - This is the info NBIC has posted for S.C. 

Adrienne Youmans, Director
Ronald Galloway, Administrator
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
Boiler Safety Program
Kingstree Building
P.O. Box 11329
Columbia, SC 29211-1329
Telephone -- 803.896.4634

Don't take my word for it, but it appears that S.C. only governs boilers, and I didn't see any mention about repairs.  This, of course, is info from the document mentioned above.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 06-09-2008 15:37
Start with the Department Of Labor in  your state. Often times the boiler law group and elevator group are together. If you have an elevator close by, look at the certificate.

Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 06-20-2008 14:20
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-22-2008 00:05
This is a good web site to keep.

Thanks - Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / asme r stamp

Powered by mwForum 2.29.2 © 1999-2013 Markus Wichitill