Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / amazing thieves
- - By hogan (****) Date 06-25-2008 22:16
These guy are crazy. Stealing from a semi, while in transit

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,371441,00.html
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-25-2008 23:30
Can you say PIT Manuever?  I would love to roll up on this going down at 60 MPH. Someone is going to get a serious case off road rash at best, but I will bet that I would end up accidentally running someone over before I could stop or swerve out of the way. WHOOPS, sorry.

DTA-Don't Trust Anyone!!!

jrw159
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-26-2008 00:40
Welcome to the jungle! 

"You can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me."

jrw159
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-26-2008 00:48
Damn, you're a mean dude.(haha) :-) I love it!

"Get in my way, we're going to take your life..Kick in your face, and rape and murder your wife..Plunder your towns and homes, they'll burn to the ground..You won't hear a sound until my knife's in your back...An Exodus attack." (Exodus, Exodus, Bonded By Blood LP)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-26-2008 01:25
Don't act like you don't know exactly where I am coming from. LOL :-)

"You in da jungle baby, you gonna DIE!!"

Good song that I feel is applicable to all of these posts concerning theft, robbery, and "Home Invasion".

We live in a tough world even in the best of times. Somebody will take anything from anyone, if allowed to do so.

Live Proud, Live Free, Live Strong,

jrw159
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-26-2008 01:33
Gee...I don't have a clue!! hehehe :-)

"I'd like to spit some beechnut in that dude's eye, and shoot 'em with my .45. A country boy can survive." (Country Boy Can Survive, Hank Williams Jr.)
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 06-26-2008 01:36
NOW you are quoting some lyrics!!!!!
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-26-2008 01:49
Oh, yes. A very good song. S.W.

"When I was arrested,  I was dressed in black..." (Johnny Cash, Cocaine Blues)
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 06-26-2008 02:15
Too bad the driver hadnt noticed. One quick jam on the brakes, then back on the throttle without a worry. Would make an excellent video clip! Skip, skip, slide, flip. Lots of bleeding thief! Most entertaining!
"put me on a train and they took me back.." (more Johnny).
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-26-2008 02:23
Yessiree! Thieves will do just about anything these days. Don't really care. Just another sign that things are really getting bad. It can't go on forever though. All good things come to an end. :-) S.W.

"You're the dirty heck that shot your woman down...." (Still, more Johnny)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-26-2008 04:02
I can not even compete with that. :-)

You da mann!!

jrw159
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-26-2008 13:29
You in da jungle baby...You gonna DIE!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That was too cool! S.W.

"Well don't just stand there like a bunch of empty skulled morons.....GET HER!!!!" (Uncle Emery to his nephews, Cruel Summer)
Parent - - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 06-27-2008 03:48
u go boys!!! I've had 10 yrs. of Krav Maga and still don't want confrontation with any fool on crack or meth!! 2 risky!!

walkin on the fightin side of me  (merle "the hag" haggard)
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-27-2008 11:23
That's sweet. The official MA of the Israeli Army. What is the coolest thing about Krav Maga, is that is teaches practical, simple technique, much like a JKD system will. All ranges, it can be learned quickly (not taking decades to become competent like traditional MA's) & is very effective. Many law enforcement agencies employ it's use in hand to hand training. You said right in no confrontations. It doesn't matter how good you are, someone jacked up on drugs could sustain a great deal of damage from direct contact in a "fight" & not even realize he's injured. It only takes someone one lucky shot with an edged weapon to quickly end your life. Even without the weapon, It's still a risky proposition.

Cool stuff!!!!!! :-)

"Fight the good fight every moment. Every minute, every day...Fight the good fight every moment..It's the only way..." (Fight The Good Fight, Triumph, Allied Forces LP)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-27-2008 12:32
beweldingsum,
  Thats cool.I would like to study the art of Krav Maga. IMHO this is one of the most effective MA's out there. I have also been told and have read that it is fairly easy to become proficiant in.

jrw159
Parent - By welderjack (*) Date 06-28-2008 13:06
in houston about a month ago they had someone pulling up to the stations and stoping over the fuel tanks  with a boxed in trailer  and the driver would go in the store and get a few things while someone was in the box trailer and was pumping about 1500 gallons into the tanks in the trailer
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-28-2008 18:09
John. You are correct about Krav Maga. That is why so many Law Enforcement agencies use it when training officers in hand to hand self defense. It can be learned quickly, is very simple & very effective. It really embodies the 3 basic requirements of a JKD technique. Mainly being: Simple, Economic & Effective. I enjoyed the Kali (Filipino MA) portion of my training the best. You start out using weapons, mainly a rattan stick. The movements with the stick can be translated to bladed weapons & empty hand as well. It's really all the same.

Any training you can learn to become a betterment to your physical & mental being is a lot more than most have, or want to achieve.

I think you should take some home economics classes instead. I don't think you need any help in the "takin' care of business" department, IMHO! :-) :-) hehe S.W.

"I got a shotgun, and here's the plot......" (Gangsta, Gangsta, NWA, Straight Outta Compton LP)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-28-2008 19:26
Home economics? Believe it or not, I can cook and sew, but that vacuum is as hard to operate as it is to spell. LOL

I may still be in need of some anger management technics though. LOL

jrw159 :-)

BTW I know there is way more involved in home economics than what I have mentioned. :-)
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-28-2008 19:32
Get A Dyson! :-) Yes, I figured you were competent at housework as well. Going to a picnic, be back later! S.W.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-28-2008 19:46
Dyson???
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-28-2008 19:51
It's a fancy vacuum. It's the one that never looses suction! S.W. :-)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-28-2008 20:04
Yeah, I did a search for "Dyson" and that is what I came up with. It looks pretty advanced and robotic, but I am more of a "Roomba" type of guy. I want something that will do it for me...... and my wife~!LOL :-)

Do you have or know of anybody with hands on experiance with the "Roomba's"?

jrw159
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-28-2008 23:12
No, I'm sorry, I don't. We have a Dyson & it's the best vacuum I have ever owned. Hands down. $435, but it works better than any vacuum than we have ever owned. Yeah, it does look like a little robot.:-) S.W.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-28-2008 20:05
Have fun at the picnic!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / amazing thieves