Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / wanted: ol' DC-capable arc welder, in north FL or so GA USA
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By dave_welder Date 06-28-2008 20:45 Edited 06-28-2008 20:49
I'm in Gainesville north central Florida. I'd like to buy, or swap for a welder that has DC function. box I'm looking for can be AC-DC, or AC-DC TIG, or maybe just DC. can be 'wall juice' powered, or engine powered (gas, diesel, or steam :-). single phase better, but if you have a three-phase only machine, please contact me anyway. I prefer old transformer-type machines, not the newfangled inverter types. also prefer near locations, but can travel 'somewhatish'. then again I prefer working vent-wing windows, steel cable-operated heater controls, and "no chips" in my cars

off-the-wall welder brands, ancient machines, rustbuckets, or defunct brand name machines welcome here. will buy known working, or unknown condition, or 'known non-funtioning', and maybe incomplete. this is for my own personal use; I have an AC-only Miller Thunderbolt I (bought new decades ago and still use which I) can offer in trade or partial trade, if that has any appeal...

preferences, most-favored highest:
1. AC-DC TIG wall-juice powered (with either HF& a cooler, or both if I get lucky
I can, however, be realistic - I'll be glad to work out a buy from you even if yours has neither the cooler or the HF feature
2. AC-DC machine, wall-juice powered
3. some huge diodes, four, stud type, with or without heatsinks
4. DC machine, wall-juice powered
5. thru 7. same as above except engine powered...

machines I "like the looks of":
hobart cyber-TIG (gigantic, blue...). also
P&H welders, and Linde, and Chemetron, and OTC Daihen, Airco, A. O. Smith, Libby, Hornet, SureWeld, Systematics, older ESAB's, NCG, & I'm sure there's others...big ol' used welders are "scarce as hens teeth" in these parts. been watching craigslist and ebay too, for months - hasn't helped a bit yet...

replies appreciated direct into my e-mail inbox, for sure. I have a pretty simple e-mail address, see the image -

thanks very much, guys,

dave
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-29-2008 00:13 Edited 06-29-2008 00:34
I have several single phase Miller AC/DC TIG welding machine plug & play packages for sale. Dialarc HF & A/BP 330's. Nothing "cheap junk" No "bargain basement" machines.  Everything I sell is in top shape, reconditioned, painted, load tested & guaranteed. Give me a call if you're interested. Funny you say nothing has been on ebay, seen several machines in the southern part of the USA sell dirt cheap on ebay in the last few months. I can ship reasonably to anywhere in the USA. Don't waste your time with junk unless you have the money & skill to repair it. No disrespect intended, but it sounds to me like your in the resale or scrap business. PLEASE...Don't play coy if you are. :-) Steve 517 202 0314   sbcmwebber@comcast.net
Parent - - By dave_welder Date 06-29-2008 17:21

>>I have several single phase Miller AC/DC TIG welding machine plug & play packages for sale.
>>Dialarc HF & A/BP 330's.
>>Nothing "cheap junk" No "bargain basement" machines. 
>>Everything I sell is in top shape, reconditioned, painted, load tested & guaranteed.

you haven't said where you're LOCATED, steve. in a used welder transaction, that's *all-important* (shipping alone can exceed the value of a used machine)

>>Give me a call if you're interested.
>>Funny you say nothing has been on ebay, seen several machines in the southern part of the USA sell dirt cheap on ebay in the last few months.

well, let's see the links...how close were they to where I am? and, you might want to re-read "this time for comprehension": I never said "nothing has been on ebay" only that "it hasn't helped a bit yet". it's always possible I missed one...

I'd rather not be involved in truck freight; thought I'd made that clear, what with being one of the few guys to post their location...and where I'd like the welder to come -from-.  that must've 'flown over your head' though

>>I can ship reasonably to anywhere in the USA.

or so you say. what with your definition of "reasonably" not being the same as mine, no doubt - a quick google indicates 517 area code is in michigan somewhere. clearly WAY too far from where I am to make any sort of transaction with you productive. I -do- realize, however, used welders are cheap as *dirt* in the upper and central midwest these days.

>>Don't waste your time with junk unless you have the money & skill to repair it.

you have NO idea what my background and skillsets are, do ya? but that hasn't stopped you, has it? if it's all the same to you, I'll "waste my time" however I see fit...and,  I'm sure any repair *I* make will be every last *bit*as good as yours, or better. 

>>No disrespect intended, but it sounds to me like your in the resale or scrap business.

he he. No disrespect intended to you, either, good buddy, but it appears *you're* in the entirely self-serving "buy 'em cheap, fix 'em up and move 'em out for whatever the market will bear" type business.

>>PLEASE...Don't play coy if you are. :-) Steve 517 202 0314   sbcmwebber@comcast.net

if i -was- looking for welders for resale, steve-o, I'd be driving a truck up your way, or post I want to buy in 'batches' or shoploads of welders, and factories, not looking to buy just one nearby. there -are- ways to find out which factories (or shops) are closing where, and when. I do have some connections in the midwest myself...

or I might well be trying to work a deal in person with the HGR guys, also in the midwest (euclid, ohio, if I recall correctly), who I'm *sure* sell used welders for *vastly* less than you do

http://search.stores.ebay.com/HGR-Industrial-Surplus_welder_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZHGRQ20IndustrialQ20SurplusQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ28791405QQsofpZ0
eBay Store - HGR Industrial Surplus

HGR also has a site at  hgrindustrialsurplus dot com

or I'd be looking to get a *new* welder from indiana oxygen, who sells new miller arc welders (and maybe other brands) cheap and ships them *FREE*

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&satitle=welder&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=weldingsuppliesatioc&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=
eBay Seller: weldingsuppliesatioc

indiana oxygen also has a site at  http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/servlet/StoreFront

ya know, steve, I'd thank you to not be "bangin' your own drum" at my expense. you can rest assured I *won't* be calling you, no matter what happens...

I'm still looking, guys (but *not* lookin' to pay "high retail plus truck freight" to get it here, in case that wasn't clear)

thanks again,

dave
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-29-2008 17:33
:-)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-29-2008 20:27
Parent - - By uphill (***) Date 06-29-2008 20:32
Sounds like a visit flom Aunt Floe>>
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-29-2008 20:42
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-29-2008 21:01
Ditto :-)

"Walk on home, boy......." ( Walk, Panterra, Vulgar Display Of Power LP)
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-29-2008 21:01
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-29-2008 23:41
Aunt Floe VS. Anne Chen in Thunderdome.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 07-02-2008 21:19
Holy poop-- did I miss something in translation? I guess it was someone elses turn to take a stinky pile of love... Steve kiss Von D and give the wife big hugs for me and keep smiling. :-)
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 07-02-2008 21:24
Yes, Kaye! You did miss a great show. He was a real laugh riot. John Wright had to lock the thread because it just got outta hand. I blasted that guy with a sixteen incher & he came back for more!!! The real good stuff is gone now, the forum crash did away with it. You liked those cute little stickers on the envelope?? My wife got 'em. I'll be sure to give my little Von D a squeeze & the wife a kiss!! hehe :-) S.W.
Parent - - By Root Pass (***) Date 06-29-2008 21:51
Sbcmweb is a good guy.  I have bought several things that WORK from him on e bay for much less than what most people will sell for, he also provides a level of customer service most Fortune 500 companies could take some lessons from. Not to mention he comes across many of the machines you describe on a daily basis. I am sure that shipping costs are a concern to you as you stated but other than that, I don't know why you want to attack him personally. Dave I'm in Dunnellon just down the road from you shoot me an e mail with your number and I'll see if I can't help ya find some thing.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-29-2008 22:32
Thanx for the props R.P.! Now, I don't feel like such a dirtbag that just "moves 'em in & moves 'em out." Nice to know someone thinks I'm halfway respectable. :-) I call it as I see it. Been in this business WAAAY too long & have seen it, been there & done it. I don't have to tell you that though. S.W.

"You get what you pay for..." ( Somebody that knew what they were talking about.)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-29-2008 23:24 Edited 06-29-2008 23:26
AWW.. your still a dirt bag, join the club. :-) LMFAO

jrw159

EDIT: Dirt bag can be a good thing.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-29-2008 23:40
BRAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

You're such an encouraging person! I always wanted to be special.

BTW....Dyson Vacuums do not use "dirt bags" :-) S.W.

"I'm special...So special....I gotta have some of your attention, give it to me....(Brass In Pocket, The Pretenders, S.T. LP)
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-29-2008 23:56
YOU ARE SPECIAL!!

I never knew what a dirt bag I was until I sold a KIRBY. I sold one!!! 1 and only 1!! LOL

jrw159
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-29-2008 23:58
NEXT patient please!  "Dr. John calling for the next one."

I will be in the linen closet with nurse Jones if you need me.

Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 00:06
My face hurts from LMFAO!!!!!!!!:-) I never knew getting insulted could be such fun. :-) Maybe he'll call back for more laughs. Put me on 'da couch, Dr. John. Tell nurse Jones I need an examination. :-) S.W.

"Doctor, doctor....Give me the news..I got a, bad case of lovin' you. No pill's gonna cure my ill, I gotta bad case of lovin' you..." (Bad Case Of Lovin' You, Robert Palmer)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 00:29
CODE RED ROOM !@@ We have a facial contraction emergency, STEVE, listen to my voice.. nurse Jones is going to take good care of you. I am going to to put my examination gloves on and have a look. HOLD STILL. LMFAO :-)

STOP SQUIRMING!!!      this is all part of the procedure.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 01:28
Gee...I hope I'm not on my backside!!!!!!!!!! S.W.

(My wife says I'm sick...NO DUH! Why would I be seeing the Dr. if I wasn't???)
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 01:39
Shut up and hold still.. I will be done in a second. :-)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 01:43
You have to love the dentist that says "do not put any sharp object in your mouth" but the first thing they put in your mouth is a "SHARP OBJECT"!!!!

Don't do what I do, do what I say????? :-) :-) :-) :-)

jrw159
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 01:45
OHHHH Yeah!!! Boy, you guys live wild in Texas! I read the hang 'em high....Seems like people shooting at people is the norm down there! lol. Stay safe, my Bro. S.W.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 01:46
Oh, I'm a trained professional...... Don't try this at home kids! S.W.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 02:00
Isn't that what Roy (sp) said right before his tiger latched on to his throat and started chewing???
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 02:04
I believe so. He's lucky he's still alive. I used to ride by their place on Vegas drive all the time when I lived there. S.W.
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 06-30-2008 02:10
d*m sounds like someone needs to get laid here got way to much anger, it's not healthy to live like that to be pissed off at everyone of course you'll probally say something about this. There is just no sense in attacking someone here there is so much knowledge here it's unreal, if I could get everyone together here and throw a massive Keg party just to say how much I appreciate the help I would. I'm working on building a trailer and Sbcmweb has helped me so much anwsering alot of my DUMB newby question I'm just so greatful I don't know what I'd do without his and everyone elses help here.  no sense in attacking someone here it will come back at ya when you need help later. Thanks
Chris
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 02:16
Chris,
  I would only hope that you would invite me and know full well that I will behave myself and will expect everyone else to as well.

I am looking forward to the invitation to the party, but I don't think I will hold my breath.

BTW It always helps to get LaI%!!  :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

jrw159
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 06-30-2008 02:18
hell problem is I'd need about 300 gallons of beer for everyone maybe more and I guess it would have to take place somewhere around Ok, everyone could meet up LOL I guess I better start brewing LOL
yep it does help to get laid LOL

Chris
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 02:17
Crazy a**ed bloodthirsty AMERICANS!!!!!
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 06-30-2008 02:25
a month ago I went to visit my cousin in Colorado and we went down to Golden to the coors brewery well was suppose to take the tour but we decided to take the short tour which was straight to the bar for out 3 free beers and they said something like 1800 cases of beer or so get shipped outta that place every week and I can't remember how many railroad cars were shipped out a week but it's INSANE how much american drink matter of fact I'm gonna go drink me Becks beer right now.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 02:38
My uncle works at the Golden facility.
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 06-30-2008 18:40
:) :) ;)  Crazy Americans!!! Good stuff John!
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 02:18
Dude, I'm ON with that keg party Idea!!!! You name the time & place!! :-)  Anytime I can be of help, Chris.. Thanks for having my back. You got it when you need it too. :-) S.W.

" My dad gave me one dollar bill' Cause I'm his smartest son, And I swapped it for two shiny quarters 'Cause two is more than one!".... (Smart, Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 02:22
I read his books. Shel S. is great.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 02:35
Yes Indeedy! "Peanut butter sandwich" from Where The Sidewalk Ends is one of my faves. My 3rd grade teacher used to read that book to us all the time. :-) S.W.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-30-2008 02:38
OH the memories........................................ :-)
Parent - - By Jeffrey Grady (***) Date 06-30-2008 04:11
Steve,
Man I see what ya mean!! I read this 2 post fella's unwarranted rampage on you. What the H*ll got up His *SS. For that matter, if he's already got the connects he needs, why did he even post up with his quandry!?!
Man, I think he was just looking to fire off on someone.
Anyway, I haven't purchased from you as yet...No $$, but I'll do all I can to spread the word about your Quality Products. I've read many posts from satisfied customers of Yours. You needn't worry that some P*ss ant with a love for the ancient and a disdain for the progress of machinery, will scare me away from buying a product from YOU.
If he wants something he can rebuild himself....Maybe he should drive a little north to Aiken, SC and visit William (The Refrigerator) Perry's house. he's gotta great Junk Yard next to His house. I know ...I used to live a mile or so from His house. Funny thing is, the front row of the Junk yard is all refrigerators.
Keep doin' what You know best.
Respectfully, Jeffrey
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 04:47
Dang, I like the way you think my friend! I found his rant to be quite comical. I got a good laugh from it. I've been called worse things by better men. I never meant to come off like a jerk in my original post, but when a 1st post newbie comes on this fine site we have, asking around for "junk" machines.....Machines that can be single phase, three phase, engine drive. Oh...But for my "personal" use....Sounds like a total load of BS to me. He sure knew all the names & brands & styles of what he was specifically looking for, but trying not to come on as being too smart about it. Read his post & tell me if 1st impression doesn't lead you to believe that! I never called him a liar, I just called him out. That's all.

**I AM A RESALER BY PROFESSION. I WILL ADMIT IT TO ANYONE I DO BUSINESS WITH. I DO IT FOR A LIVING & PAY TAXES ON WHAT I SELL. I STAND BEHIND MY PRODUCTS & EXPOSE MYSELF TO FINANCIAL RISK BY DOING SO. I HAVE OVER $100,000 INVESTED INTO MY BUSINESS, EQUIPMENT & OVERHEAD. I'M NOT A SCRAP OPERATION. I DON'T POCKET THE MONEY I MAKE UNDER THE TABLE. I CAN'T STAND SOME SMART ASS, CLEAVER, COY, ANGLE PLAYING, VULTURE, SCRAP PICKER WHO'S BUCKING THE SYSTEM WITH THEIR CRAP!**

Ahhhhh. Now I feel better! :-)

I heard that crap & seen that racket from hundreds of "scrap vultures" looking to pick up machines for next to nothing, then either strip the copper, fix them up or sell them for parts. They pedal the sob story about how they're broke & need a deal, or they're fixing one up for their son, play stupid, coy, or some other BS story like that. Then, I see the same thing for sale by the same guy at the flea market, or in the paper, or on ebay. I've seen it more times that I care to say, even here in town. These guys know how to work their cleaver little scheme. He claimed that he would have to be a big operation to be buying scrap, but most of the guys trying to work "angles" & cleaver resale crap like that are nothing more than backyard hacks who are trying to make a quick, NONTAXABLE buck. I have never seen an individual user "looking for a machine for personal use" have such an ambiguously anonymous email address like machines@cox.net in my life either. And I've been in the buy & sell business for a solid 10 years. 

I cannot say that at times, I didn't keep my mouth shut when I knew the true value of something that I was buying, but I don't play "angles" or coy with people. If I was wrong about this guy's intentions, I earnestly apologize. Anyone who knows me or has done business with me knows I would go to lengths far beyond what what was required of me to make a customer happy. Those customers also know that I'm an upfront, no BS kinda guy that isn't out to get the fast buck. I would rather turn down a sale if I felt the individual didn't really need, or couldn't use the machine I was looking to sell them. Doing business is one thing. Doing GOOD business is something entirely different.

Looks like I needed your shoulder tonight, Jeffrey! I didn't even respond, just hit him with this: :-)

Thanks for the good words Jeffrey. Let me know if you need anything. You got it. S.W.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 12:21
Oh....He sure did toot his horn a lot about HGR Industrial in Euclid, OH.. Been there, done it with them too. I made pretty good money off what I bought from them & resold.......

BUT.....Word to the wise...They aren't as great as he touted them to be. Obviously, he didn't buy anything from them. Be careful if you ever do business with them & MAKE CERTAIN everything you paid for is on the pallet & in writing before you finalize the deal. Fair prices from them on AS IS stuff, but, they tend to sell you an item with accessories, then forget to include them after they specifically said they would. Gee....Part of that "Great Customer Service" that "Self Serving" guys like me don't provide. :-)

Just thought I would post that so everyone on here will know up front. S.W.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 07-02-2008 22:01
I have a 8000 sq ft warehouse in the middle of OKC--- bring it on!!!!!!!!!! I'll BBQ.
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 07-02-2008 22:07
there we go, that'll work Kaye
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-30-2008 03:39
Steve, You have another satisfied customer here too.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 04:09 Edited 06-30-2008 04:11
Glad to hear it. A person's intelligence & character are evident in what they say & how they say it. I think our pal Dave (the one looking for 'ol welders) missed that part of the class. I think I've done alright by my customers for being as "self serving" as I'm told I am. :-)

What a wombat felcher. :-o Must have taken him an hour to copy, paste & type all that crap. hehe :-)

Thanks Dave. :-) S.W.
Parent - - By dave_welder Date 06-30-2008 15:25
apology accepted, steve. judging from replies received, with a few exceptions, I must've entered some sort of "welder talk twilight zone" when I posted here. entertaining, though

I'm 60 yrs old. I've been turning wrenches, and hangin' old lawnmower engines to bicycles since, probably, before you were born. took metal, woodworking, and auto shop in high school in the mid-sixties. but that's just me. you might actually BE a pretty good welder repair and refurb guy, but, so far, not impressed with your soothsayer abilites.

guys, I'm still looking for exactly what I said I'm looking for. no 'coyness' about it (regardless of what 'soothsayers' here might think my 'motives' are). either a kind soul reading this knows where one is down my way, and'll tell me about, or not. then again, a guy might *also* know where one is and and not wanna tell me about it either. suit yourself, no call to insult my needs, wants, or (whatever you 'imagine') my 'motives' might be in getting a welder might be "right from the git-go"...

always possible I missed reading the FAQ entry for the "let's look into the other guys motives right from the git-go and do a quick dimestore reverse-psychoanalysis thing" rule when I signed up though.

meanwhile, by way of additional "earthling" type introduction, anybody who wants to can look into (or not look into) the links below as they see fit. for the convenience of all, I've gone ahead and placed "quick unqualified psychoanalysis" links at the bottom of each page of my sites...steve, you're *not* allowed to see these sites, or even 'think about' them

winch repair, pouring babbitt, 'in progress' (metalworking, but not welding related)
http://machines.freehostia.com/sasgen_winch_overhaul/

offloading my "new to me" unisaw, single-handedly, no helpers (really, a woodworking machine. I need to MAKE the fence and miter guide for this, and will be. to be welded. 'awaits')
http://machines.byethost31.com/unisaw_offloading/

http://machines.byethost31.com/countershaft/
drill press countershaft/steel weldment "being rigged up".

I have a 1500 sq foot warehouse 'packed to the rafters' with projects...and items peripheral TO those projects. tools, tools to fix tools, and tools to fix tools so I can use the tool I -really- need to use. that sort of thing...plus other stuff: stuff I love, like, used to like, no longer like, starting to not like, stuff I now find distasteful...all jumbled into one big fat fluffball, just like this forum

in between partially completed projects, I buy and sell stuff, from time to time, usually to earthlings. items on the page below are for sale *or* will swap for welder/no diff to me. page is all text: hardware, tool, and shop items, mostly. all alphabetical, all linked to photos. the page loads fine, but about 20 percent of the sites linked on the page no longer load entirely (all on free hosts - they go belly-up, or 'go partial-fail' mode frequently). 80% roughly still load fully, however. no banners, no ads, no popups, no tricks (and no coyness, steve, so even you should approve) on any of my sites. all info is current. if you 'hover' the links before clicking, only the sites at bytehost31 and awardspace *aren't* loading their images at this time. actually, they 'might' load, just depends on luck of the draw:

alphabetical index (loads fully)
http://machines.50webs.com/alpha/

current wants list: (loads fully)
http://machines.50webs.com/alpha/#wants_list

btw, steve, text quotebacks only take seconds :-) thanks for your concern, though ;-)

thanks guys,

dave

"visualize whirled peas"
Parent - By tighand430 (***) Date 06-30-2008 17:04
I think that if you can rat hole all the crap you got listed then you could find the type of welder you're looking for. It looks like you got some connections to be able to get/find some of that stuff and an AC/DC crackerjack box aint that hard to find. Hell, you can buy a new 225 AC/DC Lincoln for about 400 or so from a welding supply co, unless that's too much for you, then you aren't being realistic on the price of one. You aint gonna get a decent one for dirt cheap. I don't think that anybody said you were trying to buy then resale anything in the replies that you got.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 17:13
Boy, I still bet it took a while to type all that. :-) My reputation speaks for itself & I put effort, time & money into every single piece of machinery I work on & sell. Most all the items I sell, I guarantee & offer a return or exchange policy on. This presents a potential financial risk every time I sell something. Especially if it's high dollar. Many companies (such as HGR) sell items AS IS & offer no returns. They do on some items, but in any case, you get what you pay for & the true value of a product lies in the service & support that comes after the sale. I primarily deal with end users, not wholesale or salvage operations. To the end user seeking VALUE, they are seeking more than just a machine. They are looking for a hand to hold, so to speak if something goes wrong & they do not have the time, resources or knowledge to handle the problem themselves.  Many multi million dollar companies, such as MCM Management in example, have come to realize the value of service & support.

I do this full time, have overhead costs, pay licensing & taxes like a big retail outfit would. I really don't get the whole rambling on thing & all the sites "I'm not allowed to see". I could really care less of what you think about my abilities as a "soothsayer" Sorry, no prophecy here. I'm not a bad guy, really... I just call it like I see it. You told me (and everyone else on the site) enough about yourself by the first response you made. It's not a war of words, Dave. I never accused you of anything. I simply called you out & you threw yourself around, telling me how terrible of a person I was & how little I knew about the machinery business in general for doing so.

You need to understand that Myself, as well as all the other full time members of this site ( Many, who came to my defense) see a great deal of individuals come on this site to sell, peddle or advertise items & services, with no real interest in the forum or organization itself.

I do, at times jump the gun, but as someone who has been in the industrial resale business long enough to know the ins & outs, I call it how I see it when it comes to something I read that I find to have telltale signs of "trolling" for stuff. Again, I never accused you of anything, I simply said that if you DID have other intentions, please don't pedal them here. That was all, nothing more. You took what I said as insulting & I never insulted you in any way. I never said or implied that you did not have the ability to repair a machine, etc. I've dealt with many a fella looking for a cheap machine, but had no idea what to do with it when he came to find out it needed major repairs. I have had a great deal of individuals waste my time trying to get a "great deal" out of me, leading me to believe they wanted to buy a machine from me, only to find, in the end, they just wanted the best bargain they could find. Hence, being the case I do tend to jump a little quickly sometimes.

Yes, you are roughly twice my age & have probably been around machines longer than I've been alive, but does that really matter? We could go on & on all day, trading smart comments back & forth, etc. No one is really getting anywhere with that though, are they? Again, my sincerest apologies for coming across the wrong way, being the circumstances. There's nothing wrong with fixing some stuff up, turning it for a profit. Nothing at all. It's the guys that cleverly do it under the radar, putting their permanent "garage sale" signs out, every single weekend, making a handsome side profit & not carrying insurance, license or paying taxes every time they make a sale like I do. Once again, I have not, and am not, accusing you of being that kind of individual. I just call it like I see it, if it looks to be the case though. Peace out, Dave. No hard feelings here. Hope you feel the same. Respectfully, Steve Webber.
Parent - - By dave_welder Date 06-30-2008 17:42
steve "dimestore theorizing" again:

>>Machines that can be single phase, three phase, engine drive. Oh...But for my "personal" use....Sounds >>like a total load of BS to me.

hey, who CARES what "it sounds like" to you? I prefer single phase, but also have a rotary converter (and wouldn't mind building a bigger rotary converter, too, if I need to). but, I guess that's 'all just a wee bit too complex for your brain to grasp' concept, or something. oh well. your 'visionary insight' rating (I use the term loosely here) deserves a zero

steve goes blasting up again off his rocker to further dimestore analyze thusly:

>>"I have never seen an individual user "looking for a machine for personal use" have such an ambiguously >>anonymous email address like machines@cox.net in my life either. And I've been in the buy & sell
>>business for a solid 10 years."

big snooze steve. whatever. well, now you HAVE heard of WORDS used in e-mail addresses. I know *I'm* glad you're seeing it here for the first time. interesting, ay? sheesh ('tard). what? go ahead and make of my e-mail address structure whatever paranoia-fest flavor of the moment your cranium is infested with today. GUFFFAW

but, hey, who CARES what your 'dimestore insights' are into e-mail address structures, anyway? have ya ever asked yourself *that* steve-o? if what I write 'hurts your brain' so much to think about, you should probably avoid -trying- to think about it...simple enough?

btw, in terms of being a 'newbie', I may be new to this forum, but I've been on the web since before there web browsers existed. but, ahh, jeesh....I guess there's -always- gonna be problems trying to 'reason' with people who 'read bizarre stuff into stuff'  that's not even really there, what with the high-level deductive skillsets so aptly exhibited by todays dimestore reverse-psychoanalysts, and all that

amazingly, the "brain treat" above was followed, surprisingly enough :-) by yet more wild-ash ravings from steve, this time batch-mixed with some homespun colloquillisms and, surprisingly (uh, yeah, right ;-) more blatant self-promotion:

>>. Those customers also know that I'm an upfront, no BS kinda guy that isn't out to get the fast buck.
>>I would rather turn down a sale if I felt the individual didn't really need, or couldn't use the machine I was >>looking to sell them. Doing business is one thing. Doing GOOD business is something entirely different.

he he, good giggles, thanks steve. wow. totally astounding. HE HE HE. have you put down that gigantic canvas 'steve is all total greatness' banner you're waving yet? (must be getting a bit tiring, waving that gigantic ol' thing for so long). speaking of "entirely different" though, good bud, you're clearly reading WAY too much into WAY too little content. getting up on the PARANOIA side of the bed a few times too often, are we, ay?

remember, steve, my sites are totally OFF-LIMITS to you. I'm afraid they'd strain your brain too much, so, *please* for your *own* mental health, don't look at them. don't even try to *think* about them, that'd be *far* too complex. and, I know you're imaging "all bad things" again now, but no, there really *aren't* any "black helicopters" whirling overhead or "hidden content" in the lines on my sites.

well, all, have a nice day.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 17:50
Dude, get a life! REALLY!
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / wanted: ol' DC-capable arc welder, in north FL or so GA USA
1 2 Previous Next