Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Country music songs about welding
- - By ross (***) Date 05-16-2007 12:56
I was looking for country music songs about welding and I was surprised at how many recording artists had been welders or had welders for parents, from Hank Williams to Ricky Skaggs, and lots more. Any undiscovered stars out there who have a song about welding?

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - - By norcalwelder (**) Date 05-16-2007 22:25
I love country western music. Which songs have you found?
Parent - - By Erik Irvine (*) Date 06-19-2007 19:25
There is a new country song (been out for at least a year now) that has a line "a welders son and a bankers daughter", I always sing that part out loud, I have no clue who sings it though.
Parent - By new tito (***) Date 06-19-2007 21:26
Crap, you're right.  Surprised I didn't remember that one.  It's called Only In America by Brooks and Dunn.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 05-17-2007 06:03
Hey Ross! Not to get off topic but, (Duhhh??? ;) ) was'nt Steve McQueen a roughneck and a welder before he was discovered as an actor?

Maybe there's a theme song from one of his movies that can relate to welding??? Just a thought. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 05-17-2007 14:39
I don't know about country music welding songs, but here are a few of my personal favorite country songs:

"Get Your Biscuits In The Oven And Your Buns In The Bed", "Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure", "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away"?, "I Got In At 2 With A 10 And Woke Up At 10 With A 2", "I'm Gonna Hire A Wino To Decorate Our Home", "I've Got Red Eyes From Your White Lies And I'm Blue All The Time", " I've Got Tears In My Ears From Lying On My Back In My Bed While I Cry Over You", "If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You", "If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now", "My John Deere Was Breaking Your Field, While Your Dear John Was Breaking My Heart", "You Done Tore Out My Heart And Stomped That Sucker Flat", "You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly", "You're The Hangnail In My Life, And I Can't Bite You Off", "You Stuck My Heart In a Old Tin Can and Shot It Off a Log", "I'd Rather Pass a Kidney Stone Than Spend Another Night With You", "Take Me To The Corn Field Honey And I'll Kiss You Between The Ears", If I Had It To Do All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You".
Parent - - By chuck meadows (***) Date 05-17-2007 23:33
LOL....Scott, you need to come out of those hills and get back to civilization...Where in the world did you come up with those?? Gotta love it...
Parent - - By TheBlackWidow (*) Date 05-26-2007 12:08
I'M a Country Lover myself .. did anyone find any welding ~ welder Country Songs ?
Parent - By Bill M (***) Date 06-12-2007 15:45
How about those ole Glenn Camble favorites, "I'm a rhine stone Arc Welder"?  or "I am a 'liner for the county"?
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 06-14-2007 23:36
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 06-22-2007 10:48
"she got the root and I got the slag" "Inclusion of my best friend blues"  "she packed up last week and left me in the haz" "im gonna long arc my way out of this place" "I was looking for fusion but I just got an inclusion" "show me the pinhole of your heart" "backstepping my way out of your heart" "I tried to stay true but you callled it a draw" I wanted to cut it off but you gave me a rosebud" Where is my filler since you left" I gave you a hot pass and you gave me a cold roll" "no shoes, no shirt, no flux"   

ok its late I gotta stop this.......
Parent - - By bigjongpls (*) Date 07-03-2008 08:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq0Tbco7mSk   one of the best welding songs ever
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 07-03-2008 14:11
NICE!! :-)
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 07-03-2008 22:51
DAMN, I love it!

I used to be a pretty nice feller' but now I am a welding inspector!!!!

"NO more Mr. Nice guy, No more Mr. clea..ee..ee..en! No more Mr. Nice guy, he's sick, he's a sce.. ee.. ee..en!"

jrw159

P.S. Keep em' comin'!!!!
Parent - By ross (***) Date 07-05-2008 00:20
That's a great find. But since it offers only expectations of eternal damnation, it might not work for recruiting young people into welding.

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - - By Jenn (***) Date 07-18-2008 12:40
Carrie Underwood is "welding" in one of her videos (a torch, but ok....), All American Girl, Here's a pic of it on this website. Thought you might get a kick out of it.

http://www.carmenelectrode.com/2008/05/29/all-american-girl-welder/

Even *cooler* that it's a girl doing it :)

Jenn
Parent - By pypLynr (***) Date 07-20-2008 20:40
That chick in the upper left corner of that ad is a HOTTIE... with her TIG RIG!!!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Country music songs about welding