Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Software
- - By WeldTeacher-CWI Date 12-11-2002 01:08
Does anyone know of a software that works with D1.6? I am trying to write procedures and welder qualifications of stainless steel. Any help would be appreciated. I currently have the Arc Works D1.1.
Parent - By don (**) Date 12-12-2002 15:28
Gerald Austin can probably help you with this. You can find his email address on alot of the posts or you can use search
Parent - By jfolk (**) Date 12-12-2002 19:07
Does it have to be AWS D1.6 Structural Stainless Steel? You could develop your procedures using ASME Section IX for both pressure vessel, piping, structural and attachments. Try C-spec "weldspec", software download a demo at www.weldoffice.com. Otherwise, I am not familiar with any commercial welding software having D1.6 capabilities.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-13-2002 03:43
What are the differences and I may be able to edit one of the programs I already have. If you have a scanned image of the WPS and PQR form you could e-mail it to me.

The program wouldn't do any code checking or anythin like that but I can make it store the required data, Print WPS's, and WPS logs. I don't have a D1.6 but I would be glad to help.

The programs I have requires MS Access but I can make one that runs without it, It just takes a little more time.

The Cspec demo is very nice and may do all you need.

Let me know if you need anything.

Gerald Austin
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 10-07-2003 21:21
This may be too late but one of the MS Access Welding Database applications I have developed may be of use.

Previously these were downloadable as "Demos" with reduced capabilities as far as company name etc. I have now put the actual .MDB file on my website for download. This will allow the user to modify the forms, reports, vb code, data structure etc as needed. The previous downloads were .MDE's and couldn't be modified easily.

I will be glad to help anyone (as my time permits) modify the database to their needs.

The page is at http://www.weldinginspectionsvcs.com/AccessMDBFiles.htm and currently lists only one file. More to come as I have time.

Also if you have ever downloaded any of the "demo" versions and would like a version that doesn't expire or restrict the type of input. Let me know

Y'all have a nice day

Gerald Austin
http://www.weldinginspectionsvcs.com
Iuka, Miss
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Software