Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Miller Dynasty
- - By PLohr Date 07-15-2008 09:40
A Miller Dynasty 200SD or 200DX would be great. Will consider other models of the Miller Dynasty as well. Please reply to this posting or send an e-mail message to paul <at> performanceworkshop <dot> net.

Thank you for any inquiries,
Paul Lohr
The Performance Workshop, Inc.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 07-15-2008 16:04
If you're looking for a used one, I would really be careful what & where you buy. Ebay has lots of them come up used, but scam artists use that machine a lot as a gaffe. It's very popular. Also, with a super complex inverter like that, you never know what you're getting used either.  I would seriously buy new when it comes to a machine like that. Not unless you knew exactly where it came from. Watch out for anything on ebay or craigslist that's too good of a deal to be true. It is. One warrantied repair could be worth the value buying a new machine versus a $1000 repair on a used one. Just something to think about. Indiana Oxygen is probably one of the best deals on the net. Good luck. :-) Steve.
Parent - - By PLohr Date 07-19-2008 11:04
Hi Steve,

I sure appreciate your advice, that is very helpful.

Have these ebay/craigslist scams occurred recently or was this a short while back?

Talk to you later.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 07-19-2008 13:46
Hi. They have cleaned the scams up a lot on ebay. Not all too sure about craigslist. They are still out there, but harder to spot & not as frequent. They will have a dynasty, or whatever & have an outside contact email on the auction. When you contact them, they will try to get you to send them money via western union. It's a basic 419 style scam. The scammer uses a stolen user ID, so you can't really trace them. Now, scam artists are using a one time use ID & making it look like a legitimate auction. You pay, they blow you off. Not too common, but some are using paypal to transfer money around after you pay them with it. If you go online under "Romanian scam" or go on ebay & do a search in guides under "Tractor scam" You'll get an idea. http://thescambaiter.com/forum/ is a really good site to get educated as well. Like I said, I wouldn't buy a Dynasty on ebay unless I could pick up locally & pay then, or knew exactly where it was coming from.

I knew a guy that got hooked for $1800 on a Romanian scam like that. He paid with paypal & the money just disappeared. You just have to use common sense & be careful whenever you buy on the internet. Buy on new, you'll know what you're getting & you won't get any surprises. Good luck! S.W.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Miller Dynasty