Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Wyoming Work
- - By CK Welding (**) Date 07-18-2008 04:18
Just wondering if anyone could give me some leads on pipe work in wyoming. Just got off a 5 month long job today.  Need to start calling people tomorrow.  Prefer to stay around casper, but not nessisary I can go anywhere. If anyone can help i should sure appreciate it. Thanks men, have a nice day.
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 07-18-2008 04:42
Might look around gillet. A inspector just left my house 10 min. ago said he was supposed to be there monday.
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 07-18-2008 12:29
Gillett has a new power plant going in right now. Its a ground - up build so theres gonna be a lot of work on that one.
Parent - By CK Welding (**) Date 07-19-2008 17:22
Thanks fellas.  I am not a big fan of Gillette but if I can't come up with anything in Casper area it's always a option that I won't rule out.  Beggers can't be choosers right! lol  Thanks again.      
Parent - By rgwelding Date 07-24-2008 01:47
what place in giltet, and what is the companies name and number. Husband is  interested in getting into the field.
Parent - - By thirdeye (***) Date 07-19-2008 23:12
You might try Elkhorn Construction....I think they have something going closer to Douglas.

~thirdeye~
Parent - - By CK Welding (**) Date 07-20-2008 05:36 Edited 07-20-2008 05:49
Thank you,  Are they a good outfit to work for?  I might give them a call.  You don't know what they have going on huh?
Parent - - By thirdeye (***) Date 07-21-2008 02:46
CK wrote: ....Thank you,  Are they a good outfit to work for?  I might give them a call.  You don't know what they have going on huh?...

No, sorry.  I'm a third party guy, and my clients are all shops.  I do understand they are testing now, but no more details....

~thirdeye~
Parent - - By Tom11980 (*) Date 07-21-2008 10:29
I heard of another place in douglas too I will call on it and check
Parent - By rgwelding Date 07-22-2008 20:28
My husband is wanting to get into this field , he has operated his own welding business for 20 years, and wants to get a better paying job as a welder... How can he get his foot in the door.... He wants to go in Wyoming, North Dakota, Montana, or even Utah any leads on who he should call?  Email address is rgwelding@msn.com. Home number 406-821-3250..
Parent - - By thirdeye (***) Date 07-21-2008 23:03
It sounds like the project is at a plant at Natural Bridge, and could last 3 months.  Were you able to track Elkhorn down for details?

~thirdeye~
Parent - By CK Welding (**) Date 07-22-2008 02:46
I got tied up in a small job that is close to home. This job should only last a couple weeks then I will get a hold of someone from there.  Thanks for all the help.  This is such a great forum!
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-22-2008 11:10
Thirdeye,

FEI is an AISC certified structural steel/bridge shop at Natural Bridge, Va...is that the plant you speak of?
Parent - - By thirdeye (***) Date 07-22-2008 12:36
Hey John,

The Natural Bridge I'm talking about is a county park along the Oregon Trail, just off I-25 in central Wyoming.  The "plant", (same word but way different meaning from what you had in mind) is a natural gas processing plant which operates on one of the major pipeline corridors near there.  Basically, natural gas is gathered from smaller fields in small diameter pipelines, then moves to a larger delivery system which takes it to a major marketing "hub".  A typical system needs pressure "boosters", compressor stations, and gas plants.

Unfortunately, with the current energy boom in Wyoming, our natural gas volumes are too large for some of the current transportation systems, so there is a lot of work at these types of locations.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 07-22-2008 13:30
Nice pic Thirdeye!!

jrw159
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-22-2008 14:13
Whoops!...wrong bridge, I thought you were referring to the one that George Washington built...you know the one with his initials carved in it...LOL..nevermind me, I'll go back to sleep now.
Parent - By CK Welding (**) Date 07-23-2008 01:07
You couldn't make it clearer than that! I don't care who you are. Picture and all, nice work thirdeye! LOL
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Wyoming Work